help me

smithmo
on 3/23/12 1:07 am
i am 9 months post op surgery I am down 65 pounds I have not lost anything in 2 months.  No gain but no loss. I went back to a system where I cheat on carbs non-stop because it feels good.  Can anybody help me I need some help to snap me back into going down I have 35 pounds to go.  My husband is having surgery vsg april 30, 2012 and need to be a good example too. You all know how difficult it is so I need some help.  I am so happy to have all of you.

Not the Same Dawn
on 3/23/12 5:59 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I'm one of the worst offenders on this..I have to treat my problems with food as a serious addiction..anything white carb can not be in the house unless I can say no to it on the counter until it grows mold..About the only thing that I can not say no to is my husbands homemade chocolate chip cookies so they can no longer be in the house..He makes dough and keeps it in the back of teh fridge and cookes up a half dozen cookies at a time..that's it.

I can keep sugar free cookies in the house cuz those don't call to me.

Seriously, it's just like a drug addict or an alcoholic. If you treat it like that and detox, you can stay clean for a while and if you mess up, do it all over again..it's a detox and staying clean! Hard but very do-able..

No one offers an alcoholic a beer but people offer cookies and doughnuts all the time to us..You have to stop and keep stopping, if that makes sense.

And then you can be helpful example for your hubby..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
twinningham
on 4/11/12 5:29 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 11/29/10
I found away to re-claim a smaller pouch and help with the problem you are having. Just go to www.5daypouchtest.com. There you will find a 5 day eating guide that follows the way you ate after your surgery. Liquid proteins then soft proteins then hard proteins. Not only is there a step by step guide there are also wonderful reciepes that my wide an I still use.

It help me and you can use it any time you feel bad habits begining to creep back into you life.

Terry

Surgery Gastric Bypass
Date 11/29/10
Lost 167 ibs.
Most Active
Recent Topics