Regaining weight - 4 1/2 years out

denise0530
on 9/14/16 2:27 am - PA
RNY on 05/16/12

Two months since you have all written this, wondering how everyone is doing?  In the same position as everyone here!!

Denise Marie SW 248 CW 156 Roux-en-Y 5/16/12                        

Schloe78
on 9/22/16 1:07 pm

I am also regaining weight at 7 years op. It's so hard to get on track.

Rachel B.
on 10/15/16 10:59 pm, edited 10/15/16 3:59 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I'm 8 years post op.  Got down to a 6, but am back to an 18/20 - I think.  My surgeon just cleared me for a revision, but I still have to get an upper GI barium swallow for him to evaluate.  I'm ready to kick start my tool!  

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Juneholland
on 1/8/17 10:57 am

What is a revision?

Rachel B.
on 1/13/17 6:45 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Going back in for a nip and tuck. Tighten the tummy.  All my tests came back perfect.  I've lost 27+ pounds since talking to my surgeon on 15OCT16.  Now I'm just working away like I did after my surgery. 

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

AK_Gipson
on 10/16/16 7:38 am
VSG on 04/14/14

I am 2.5 years out and regained 27 lbs. Down about 7 pounds of that now. I have re read a several threads here and basically we still have the tool, get back to basics is the rule of thumb. But basically when we were in weight loss phase we ate roughly 600-800 calories a day. Not sure I can go the low now, but I have slowly cut back. Now I am trying to stick to around 1,000 a day. No more than 50 net carbs. And exercising (planet fitness gym) at least 3 times a week. I still have 20 lbs to go but I am focused now :) 

Several on OH mentioned the book, Refuse to Regain. I will repost the main parts of it 

Refuse to Regain

1. Be Tough, Not Moderate - half-measures aren't good enough
2. Commit Yourself to a 3 month opt-out period - give this plan the "old college try"
3. Weigh Yourself every day - really keep tabs on it
4. Reverse Small Regains Immediately - no fudging or procrastination!
5. Eat Primarian 90% of the time - basically Paleo with tweaks
6. Eat One Major Meal Per Day - with mini-meals and snacks
7. Perform a Daily "Scan & Plan" - look ahead to what might subterfuge your food plan
8. Stop eating after 8 PM
9. Eat from a limited menu - too many choices or too much variety is intoxicating
10. Have one acceptable treat per day
11. Have a love affair with exercise
12. Maintain with support and support others

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

paisley987
on 10/19/16 6:33 pm
VSG on 09/24/12

OMG you are me....  30 lbs... tight clothes, feel disgusting but having trouble fixing... Ugh....  Good luck.

Lauriesparkls
on 11/2/16 6:47 am

I am in that same boat with everyone else! I had a gastric  sleeve 6 years ago and went from 210lbs down to 105lbs in a year. I am only 5 feet. I kept it off pretty well. Gained some about 10lbs but was okay with 115-117lbs. From last oct to this oct I have gone from 117lb to 140!!! I am officially overweight again and scared to death! I don't want to go back there. I am logging my food, only getting at most 1200 calories a day, and exercising like crazy, 4-6 miles 4x a week + additional stuff. It just seems like the scale goes up everyday. I've gained 8lbs just this past month! I just don't get it. I have also made an appt with the Bariatric doc but it isn't until the 28th and I am petrified that I'll be up ANOTHER 10 pounds by then. I just feel horrible and like a total failure!! 

phatdivabbw
on 11/26/16 11:47 am - NJ

I'm 4 years out too and gaining like crazy. It seems a lot of people have this at 3-4 yrs out. 

Smooches

rayjack12
on 1/7/17 8:19 pm

My lowest weight was 165.  Since this was far too thin for my taste I made the conscious decision to put some back on.  I wanted to be about 180-185  However, the relaxed eating style just led to one bad habit after another and before I knew it I was up to 200.  I decided that was enough!!  I started Whole30 last spring.  After 30 days I weighed 185 and felt fantastic!  If you haven't looked into Whole30, you might try it.  It was exactly what I needed.  It isn't designed as a diet but more of a "reset".  It helps you find food that you may be sensitive to.  Foods which make you bloated and help you hold on to extra weight.  To my surprise, mine was dairy.  I NEVER felt bad after eating dairy.  I didn't have to stop eating cereal with milk after surgery.  But other than that, I could eat as much dairy as I wanted and never had any issues, or so I thought.  Over the last year of no daily greek yogurt, I have kept off the weight despite picking up some of my not so good habits again.  I started a January Whole30 as a way to kind of pick up some better habits again.  

It is a pretty restrictive diet BUT not unlike how you ate for a year or so after you had surgery.  It is a very clean, "whole" way of eating.  I am not one to exaggerate and say, "This changed my life."  I've always thought it was kind of lame for people to say that after a diet.  But....this changed my life.  Or, it changed the way I deal with food, I should say.

Good luck to you.  Let me know if you decide to try it.  I'll be more than happy to help support you!

Most Active
Recent Topics