Anyone here in the Bay Area?

Carries_Journey
on 7/26/12 4:04 pm - CA
VSG on 07/31/12
 My vsg was scheduled today for this Tiesday, the 31st and I'm freaking out! Didn't expect it so soon but they had a cancellation! They told me it must be karma.  it really is the best time for me with work, etc. I just didn't expect such a quick and smooth process. Being a self-pay patient also helps, I'm sure.

Anyway, just curious if anyone's going to Dr Cirangle too or lives in northern CA.
Feystorm
on 8/1/12 4:35 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 I know that over on the VSG board there are a lot of Dr. Cirangle's patients.  When you are home - and healing - you might want to take a look there :)

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

jcush
on 8/9/12 12:18 pm - CA
I had VSG with Dr. Cirangle on February 28th. He is a great surgeon and I have no complaints at all. I was out of the hospital the next day and he came to check on me before I left. He really wants his patients to do well and is very strict especially after surgery, but all in all I feel that is the best way to be. It helps me stay on track too, haha.

I live in San Jose and I know that Dr Cirangle has monthly meetings behind Good Samaritan Hospital. I have actually never been to them, but I would like to. It's just hard in the evenings to make them.

So far I have lost over 100lbs and feel so much better. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself and my family too.

Good luck with the surgery and you will be in good hands.

Jen
J Cush
Carries_Journey
on 8/9/12 12:24 pm - CA
VSG on 07/31/12
 Thanks Jen! Yes, I love Dr Cirangle and I'm a little scared of him at the same time. Lol I needed a strict surgeon. Wow- over 100 lbs!! Amazing. I'm on day 9 and have lost 11 lbs. I think I have 60-70 total to lose.

Im thinking of going to the support groups. The closest to me is the Walnut Creek one. The next one is the 27th at 7:00, which is the same day as my first post-op appt with Dr C. I was thinking San Jose, but that's a little further. 
jcush
on 8/9/12 1:12 pm - CA

Haha, he is a little scary but I know it's from a good place. He is strict but I needed that too. That is great that you have lost 11 pounds. It was really hard for me the first couple months but things got so much better for me after that. I had a hard time with liquids, well really just trying to get them down. Dr Cirangle had told me after the surgery that he made my pouch smaller then he was going to because I had so much weight to lose. It's helpful, but I know now why I had so much trouble getting the liquids in. Because of this I got really dehydrated and he told me I will end up back in the hospital and get an IV. So I focused on drinking only and I was on liquids for a month and a half before I went on mushies.

I started out walking every day about 2 months out from surgery. I had no activity level what so ever before surgery so this was a lot for me (at that time), now I can walk about 2 miles a day and I don't get that tired out. I just took every day at a time and focused on what was important for me to get into my body. The head hunger was hard, but now it has almost gone away completely.

I am sorry to go on about myself, but I just can't believe how much this surgery has helped me and it will help you too. The support groups sound good and I would love to go to one to hear what others go through, but I don't really have a sitter in the evenings. Atleast I have this site and get to chat with others and see how their progress is going.

Well keep in touch and those 60-70 pounds will be gone in no time. Dr Cirangle will make sure of that, haha.

J Cush
Carries_Journey
on 8/9/12 2:14 pm - CA
VSG on 07/31/12
 A smaller sleeve?? Geez! I actually asked him if he could make mine a little bigger and he said he could but he wouldn't. Lol I can't imagine all those fluids the first few weeks with a smaller tummy. It was definitely harder my first week with a regular sleeve...I'm so glad the second week is easier.

And a month and a half on liquids? You poor thing. I'm so excited to have some retried beans and cottage cheese next week. 

Im so happy to see the success of all these people. I never knew such a huge, supportive community was out there til I started looking into wls. I still can't believe I'm going to be a normal size soon with normal blood pressure. This whole process has been surreal. I think it's because I didn't think the surgery would happen so soon. They said they had a cancellation (someone flying in had to change her flight) so I found out on a Thursday that I was going in the next Tuesday! But it was perfect because I work at a school and now I have a good 3 weeks to recover before going back. Dr.C was already booked up for Thanksgiving and Winter break! I thought it would have to wait til next summer.

Anyway, keep up the good work!!
Most Active
Recent Topics