So strange

Soo-K
on 7/30/10 12:16 pm

how without overeating so many of our emotions are not suppressed anymore.  Having some problems with my marriage which have been there for a long time but I am really seeing them clearly now.  It's been so hard especially since I have two young kids.  I still wouldn't change the fact of me losing the weight, it's the best thing I have done for myself, even though it may come at a price.  Sorry for going on, was just wondered if others struggled with stuff after losing the weight.  Almost at my goal and I can't wait!

Thanks for listening!

Soo

MajorMom
on 7/30/10 7:16 pm - VA
Even a good strong marriage can have bumps during the first couple of years you are post-op. I know my DH was terribly jealous that I was able to eat so much trying to slow my WL down while he was still struggling to follow the doc's low fat / high carb diet and getting worse labs and gaining weight. It did put a strain on things. I think we're past it now but we still have a few things we just have to get around or over or through. I guess that's natural. 

There are a couple of LWs here that have had to separate and even divorce. The one thing I heard early out was that a bad marriage will likely get worse and a strong marriage will likely get stronger. No one ever said that there wouldn't be challenges to get through either situation though. Sometimes counseling helps...a lot. Might not be a bad idea to help both or just you find your path. 

I'll hope for the best, whatever that entails.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

gisele00
on 7/31/10 2:53 am
we were in deep gack before so..

my old man has never acknowledged my weight loss (though he was quick to point out my gain)

also-he has put on a good 50#  in the past 2 yrs.-and he is mui in denial.

he has terminal cancer that is on a slow boat so..divorce isnt going to happen..i think the ongoing stress of the decline and all the waiting has extracted most of my black heart and tested the evidence of a soul.

children set the course of my actions as you well know.  you will know what to do when the time comes.  keep a clear mind-hang in there.
why buy the cow when you can sell the toaster

5' 9"
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views