eating???

louloubelle
on 8/10/10 3:21 am
VBG on 01/09/10 with
I have never been one to get protein drinks down. I have found a protein bar that I do well with. But this being said I try to eat "normal" food as much as possible. At the start of this I ate ONLY protein foods, and never veggies or fruit, only because I couldn't eat enough to get my protein in. Now that I am doing a little better with all that I try to do my veggies or a fruit for a snack at some point each day ( as I am never hungry, I forget more than I should). Last night I made the family this taco bake, it's made with meat, cheese, tomato's and soft shells. Normally I would just eat the meat and cheese. I decided to cut myself a piece and I was shocked at how well all of it went down. I am sure I ate about the same amount as I would of it I just ate the meat and cheese. I am wondering how others do with food, and getting veggies and fruits in. I am  7 mo out. And would enjoy fruit and veggies more but I just can't seem to find the room in my tummy!

Angie H.
on 8/10/10 3:54 am - Brooklet, GA
I usually mix the protein (meat) with my vegetables. I had some meatloaf last night with squash and I ate a tiny bit of meat with a tiny bit of squa**** seems to help the meat go down better.

For lunch I did tuna salad and grapes, bite of tuna, then a grape.

I have found that if I can mix "soft with dense" it is much easier.

Good luck. 
Angie

Shannon D.
on 8/10/10 4:00 am
I struggle with the same thing. My NUT wants me to cut back the protein a little and add some whole grains, fruits, and veggies. I only have 5 pounds to my initial goal, 20 pounds to ultimate dream goal, so I don't really want to up the carbs. Once I get to maintenance I will have a half banana with pb2 instead of low carb yogurt, etc. or take away an ounce of meat and add whole grain rice or something.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

louloubelle
on 8/10/10 4:24 am
VBG on 01/09/10 with
Thanks Gals, I guess my problem is IF I eat the other things it's less protein for me. Since I don't drink mine, I guess I need to start having a aft/eve snack of a veggie or fruit. I  really can't eat much at all per meal. So having a meat and veggie would be very hard. I would be getting 2-3 bites of meat and 2-3 bites of veggies. Vs 6-8 bites of just meat.
I think I will add some fruit in with my yogurt for breakfast too. The banana with pb sounds like a great idea, I will try that this aft for a snack!

loverofcats
on 8/10/10 5:08 am
I'm only pre-op, but if you use a high protein yogurt, such as fage, chobanni, or voskos and add a little fruit, then it is protein with some carb. The dietitian recommended that snacks be protein based. Also, a string cheese with some veggie might work. PB is really high in fat and calories, so I don't know, if that would be recommended.

Also, you could add some protein powder to yogurt, for some carbs and protein.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views