2 weeks of liquids?? oh no!!

roan1959
on 8/11/10 10:45 am
tomorrow starts the countdown,.  I have to start the dreaded liquid diet!!  slimfast, sugar free pops, sf jello, water,crystal light.  I think I am mental;ly ready, but does anyone have any good suggestions to help me make it through the next 2 weeks without chewing off my arm??    Joan
Become what you believe..........  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

*  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat        **BELOW GOAL**  
Roz !!!!
on 8/11/10 10:53 am - Butler, PA
I'm glad to hear that you are mentally ready!!  It is going to be all worth it!!!!!!

Some people struggle the first few days, but then their momentum changes.  They start counting up...like I made it through Day 1, Day 2, Day, 3 etc. but soon it's only 3 days to go, 2 days to go, 1 day to go....YEAH it's here!!!! 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

NursieGirl
on 8/11/10 10:56 am
 I know that for me, Day 2 was the hardest and after Day 3, it was a piece of cake!  ....so to speak

roan1959
on 8/11/10 11:01 am
yyuuummmm  cake!!  lol     no, no,no...back on track!       ok, better now!
Become what you believe..........  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

MajorMom
on 8/11/10 11:00 am - VA
Well, I think 2 weeks of liquid diets for LWs is silly and have no clue why some surgeons treat us as if we were all 50BMI. If you get shaky, please eat something healthy like a peanut butter cracker. Also, slim fast is a wimpy protein shake. I'd go to VitaminShoppe and get some Nectar whey protein powder; lots of flavor choices. A good protein shake will help keep the cravings away.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

roan1959
on 8/11/10 11:08 am
I'm not sure either Gina, but I guess since he is re-arranging my guts, he's the boss!!  lol....it does seem silly to me too, but the jumpstart in weight loss will be nice....

AndreaH09
on 8/11/10 11:02 am
I found the first of the two weeks very hard to do.  The second week I was used to it and was fine.  I expected to have headaches and tummy growls all the time, but did not.

I made sure I drank my protein shakes often enough to keep away the hungries.

Can you have broth and low fat cream soup?  I usually saved this for supper when I sat down at the table with my family.  There were a couple of nights I did not sit with them because what they were eating was too tempting!

Losing weight during all of this kind of makes it worthwhile too!

Good luck!
HW 251/SW 239/CW 183/GW 150  height= 5'5"

roan1959
on 8/11/10 11:06 am
nut said 800 calories and slim fast was one of the recommended shakes (pre-op, not post -op).  carnation instant breakfast was another..and adkins maybe?  4 1/4 cans a day.  I guess as long as I stay around the 800 calories and no solids it might not matter. I dont want to break the rules on the first day!!  But I might swap out a sf for soup if I get really hungry!   thanks for the tip!!

Price S.
on 8/11/10 11:19 am - Mills River, NC
My pre-op diet is 5 optifast shakes a day and one small food meal, no simple carbs, for 4 WEEKS. 
I'm on day 5 and it hasn't been awful.  I've had no energy but haven't been hungry, just bored.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

roan1959
on 8/11/10 11:30 am
Wow, 4 weeks? that just cruel!  I plan on doing alot of reading, praying and exercising.  I am afraid of the bordeom.  Not sure what else to do when you cant eat!!  guess I better learn quick huh?

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 299 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 424 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 484 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 503 views