Menus and Miles Wednesday March 23rd

Roz !!!!
on 3/23/11 1:03 am - Butler, PA
1/2 way to the weekend!!!   I feel NORMAL today!!!!!!!   Back to work and feeling really good!!!!  Have a GREAT Day!!!!!

HONEYMOON PERIOD EVENTUALLY ENDS FOR EVERYONE...DON'T FALL INTO THE I CAN GET AWAY WITH IT MODE!!!!!!! BAD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD ENDS!!!!!!!

Hello to all of my Lightweights!!!  If you are visiting WELCOME....PLEASE JOIN US and POST!!!!!

Writing everything down has helped me so much!!! I would really like to see some more posters.  Seeing what is working for others helps the rest of us put some variety into our meals.
  It's very important until you reach Goal to figure out your Calories, Fats, Carbs, and Proteins so that you know what your body needs to lose and then to maintain!!!!

RNY Maintenance   

Pre-B:   Hot tea and some Miralax
B:   Protein:  GNC Chocolate and Cookies n Creme  39g
S:   Cheese Stick
L:   Small Wendy's Chili
Protein:  Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea with crystal lite
Protein:  Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea with crystal lite
D: 
Protein:  

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

chris_ruff
on 3/23/11 1:14 am, edited 3/23/11 5:42 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
hi roz,

i'm so glad you're feeling good! and you're so right about the honeymoon period. maintenance is the real work.

1) 1/2 c cottage cheese and 2T ricotta w/ nsa apple pie filling and a drizzle of honey
2) greek yogurt w/ berries and mixed nuts
3) fish and vegetables, a little rice
4) latte
5) pulled pork (homemade in slowcooker) and vegetables
6) maybe more cottage cheese if hungry

miles: gym tonight. 45 cardio and 30 mins sit-ups and weights.
--Christina
Roz !!!!
on 3/23/11 11:25 pm - Butler, PA
I bought some cottage cheese yesterday and I'm definitely going to try it with the NSA Cheeries and SF cool whip.  If I still can't eat it I throw in a little SF Cheesecake puddng and Sweet n low. 

Have you ever tried Pumpkin?  I was going to buy some last night but at $3.50 a can I didn't want to waste it.  Although I guess I could have made DH a Pumpkin pie with the rest.

Great Menu and good Protein choices!!

Roz

on Maintenance

JennaKopanyi
on 3/23/11 1:16 am, edited 3/23/11 4:12 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
I say yay to the end of this week! Don't know why but I've been one day off all week so far and it's very disheartening when I learn the true day...

Hooray for normal! Glad you made it back, still take it easy, after all, you had surgery...

B: 1/2 cranrazz protein shake, pb2 on corn thin: 16.5g protein
S1: jello salad (frozen this time, very tasty): 9.3g protein
L: WOW peanut thai wings (hubby is coming out to join me for lunch today and has a weakness for the world of wings): 43g protein
S2: cranrazz protein shake with pre workout powder: 14g protein
D: turkey burger with green beans: 25g protein
S3: Chocolate shake with german chocolate SF syrup: 24g protein

Totals: 1185 calories, 43g fat, 67g carbs total (53.6g net), 130g protein

yeah, it's higher than I would like, but I blame the wings, and since i am only 8 1/2 months out and still malabsorbing my fat, i refuse to feel guilty about it. Plus, lunch with my hubby! it's just what i need to make this a good day. I know this flies in the face of today's topic, but I very rarely out for wings and fully enjoy them when I DO get them. We got the sauces on the side this time, which meant less carbs and fat on my totals for today, so I'm pretty pleased with that. and i'm still under 1200 which is my utter max, so yay me. Lunch with hubby was fabulous :D

had fasting lab work done this morning, so no am workout, curves after work. also put vitamins behind schedule, but i will survive this and get them all in :D

Edited for better accuracy.

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

Roz !!!!
on 3/23/11 11:34 pm, edited 3/24/11 3:16 am - Butler, PA
Sorry your week seems really loooooong. 

I don't want you to ever feel quilty for your food choices!!!!!   I was referring to bad habits that creep back into our daily lives and we think we can get away with it.   If you got in the habit of eating wings every day and craved them then that would be bad for you.  I think carbs are the worst culprit for most of us.  I'm also finding out that we need a little fat in our diets to keep our biles moving properly.

I think you have good totals!!

Roz

on Maintenance

GD6
on 3/23/11 11:41 pm - Hamilton, Canada
I know for myself I need complex carbs in my diet and I'm sure most people would be horrified with my carb numbers!  

I exercise a lot and I literally don't have any fat left to burn so I HAVE to consume enough carbs to keep me fueled for my workouts.  

As far as fat goes, I tend to eat lowish fat but I really don't pay much attention to it.  I VERY rarely eat anything fried, and eat either low fat or full fat cheese depending on the cheese.  
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

JennaKopanyi
on 3/24/11 12:01 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
It's okay, it's only got 2 days left :)

I wasn't being snappy or anything, I just found it amusing the day I was beign "bad" was also the day you talked about our food choices. I know wings once every couple of months are perfectly fine, especially in this stage. DH and I are discussing buying frozen ones and making our own at home by baking and broiling rather than frying, and making our own sauces in a lower carb fashion. Like my Thai peanut sauce, could be made with PB2 and red curry powder with some lite coconut milk... yom!

I've recently taken charge of my diet/exercise and am feeling super positive about my future. For dinner last night, I found I couldn't finish and gave it to my son instead, so I had only 2/3's of my turkey burger and half of my 1/4 cup of greenbeans (1/8 c total). I think it evened out nicely and most important, I finally feel like I don't have to feel guilt on treats. They weren't ever a problem, it was the single treat that turned into permanent food stuffs or the protein bars I just couldn't stop eating... Carbs are the devil, and I'm putting them a little further behind me each day.

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

Roz !!!!
on 3/24/11 3:19 am, edited 3/24/11 4:06 am - Butler, PA
I wasn't thinking you were being snappy, but I felt like I was making you feel guilty or  "bad" and you weren't.  I don't want anyone to feel like they owe me an explanation for what they eat.  Believe me I am not perfect or do I know everything!!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

JennaKopanyi
on 3/24/11 3:21 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
teehee. i was being ironic, which can be taken teh wrong way in type, especially with me. we're good :)

Jody ***
on 3/23/11 2:07 am, edited 3/23/11 8:07 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hi Roz!  Working from home today since we had 8" of snow last night.  Glad you're feeling better today. 

A little off kilter today because working at home, need to get a protein drink planned.

B - 2 eggs and a piece of rye toast and butter.  Got some brown eggs from a lady at work whose daughter raises the chickens and gathers the eggs.  I didn't eat the whole egg of either...
S -spoonfulls of peanut butter
L - shiratake noodles with spaghetti sauce w/parmesan cheese
D - venison roast in the crockpot

Vits:  not yet
Water:  ok - not great

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 299 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 424 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 484 views