OT Post. Best Financial Planning Class

G.I.Jane
on 4/4/11 10:22 am
Just wanted to share with you gals, who have been so helpful to me, a thought on financial planning. I see a lot of posts on here about surgery costs and how to save for retirement, etc.

My DH and I are big Dave Ramsey fans. I was first, and convinced him that we needed to attend Financial Peace University. It has been a real Godsend for us. We have so many more tools now to handle our finances. It is an awesome course and has put us on track to retire as millionaires (and we don't make a ton of money). We've done the "emergency fund" and the "debt snowball" is working now. We are so much better off now than we were when we started the class and I just wanted to share it with you ladies.

To find a Dave Ramsey FPU course in your area, I think you can go to www.daveramsey.com. There are also a bunch of cool things on the site, including ELP's or Endorsed Local Providers for all types of things; real estate, insurance, etc. Plus some good book recommendations on careers and marketing yourself.

I'm not a paid endorser or anything, I just have so enjoyed the course we've taken and I love to listen to Dave's advice on the radio too. If you want to listen to his stuff, you can go to the website and click on the listen to dave or the radio show and listen to archives. I do it when I'm working on the computer a lot.

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown.

Mara C.
on 4/4/11 11:14 pm - Millbury, MA
Good for you!  I love Dave Ramsey, haven't seen his show in a while but read one of his books, and did the debt snowball very sucessfully, and baby emergency fund etc.  Good luck and best of success to you!  Oh, and also bought an old minivan last year and people think I am weird! ;)
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 507 views