I'm baaaaaa-aaaaaccccckkkkk!

paranoidmother21
on 4/5/11 11:37 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Well, the second plastic surgery was definitely more intense than the first!

Yes, I did develop some problems the first day, wound up in the ER the first night with the surgeon (fortunately, he lives 5 minutes from one of the hospitals in my network and came over to meet me) digging clots out of my leg and restitching it to stop the problems.  But since then, that leg has healed faster and smoother than the other one!

However, BOTH legs are doing great.  I saw the surgeons last week, and they were very complimentary about how well I was getting around at 2 weeks after surgery... and then I reminded them that it was only 6 days.  They released me from restriction, said I could drive (even my clutch), and go back to work this week.  They also asked if I was really human. LOL!

I find that I still tire easily, worked yesterday and stayed home to rest today, and that while I walk almost normally early in the day, by late afternoon I look like Tim Conway doing his little old man routine from the Carol Burnett show (for you young 'uns, there should be some of his shuffling around on youtube), and people start asking me if I've been injured.  I'm still in yoga pants, but am hoping to be in jeans this weekend (they go on, they're just too stiff on the scars).

Speaking of scars, the original surgery (arms, breasts, lower body lift, and anchor cut) left me with 8 feet of scars.  The legs (vertical from groin to just below the knee, horizontal in the groin crease from half way across the front to half way across the back) left me with almost 7 feet of scars.  Ouch!!!!  No wonder the surgeons said to keep that surgery as nothing but the thighs!  There's almost as much going on there as the rest of the body put together!

I haven't been online since the surgery because I couldn't sit at the desktop - and the laptop hurt when I put it on my lap!  But as of yesterday and today, I can actually sit in a real chair for a bit so I had to come and check in with you all.

It's nice to be back!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Jody ***
on 4/5/11 11:53 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Wow girl - you have been put through the wringer!  Glad to hear you're doing well - even with 15 feet of scars....

My scars don't heal well - glad to hear yours are.  That makes a big difference. 

Glad too they got your problem fixed up fast and you're healing well.  Take it easy (think you know that already - lol).  I remember Tim Conway and the way he walked...

Good to see you again!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

paranoidmother21
on 4/5/11 11:58 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
Thanks, Jody!  Yes, I'm one of the fortunate ones who does heal well.  I'm sure a bunch of that is genetics, but I'm also (much to the surprise of any school administrators I work with) extremely compliant regarding wound/scar treatment and getting in all the vitamins and protein.

Tim Conway was a genius!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Ruthie D.
on 4/5/11 2:48 pm - Mayer, AZ
Wow!  You're a tough cookie Rebecca!  Good for you that you made it back, it's great to see you.  Thanks for the giggles (Tim Conway) and war stories with a happy ending.  :-)
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
paranoidmother21
on 4/5/11 11:59 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
I love happy endings!
Rebecca

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 3:59 pm
 great Rebecca  wb  !   congrats  Hun     Ur brave  
paranoidmother21
on 4/6/11 12:00 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Thanks, Ava!  Naaah, not brave, just sick of the skin issues and wanting to get it over with!
Rebecca

Price S.
on 4/5/11 9:07 pm - Mills River, NC
So glad you are doing better and they got your issue fixed.  Clots are nothing to sneeze at.

The way I heal, I would be uglier with the scars than with the skin but keep remembering, you are going to be one hot mama when all healed up.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

paranoidmother21
on 4/6/11 12:01 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Thanks, Price!  DH took pictures of the clots... and then (under duress - I threatened him fiercely) showed them to me.  They were men's thumbnail or marble sized hard red blobs!  No wonder I was having problems!

You know, you might be surprised at where they can hide most scars these days...
Rebecca

fatoldbat
on 4/5/11 10:26 pm
so very happy to hear from you!  and happy that your procedure went well and that your complication was taken care of!

would love to see pix one day as i'm going to have to seriously consider the same procedure.  my thighs are awful!  even worse than my tummy!  i don't think the skin is going to tighten up at all.  did you have any drain tubes with this procedure?

happy you're back!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 294 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 419 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 480 views