SO Tell Me When Did You Actually Start to Say WOW to YOURSELF??? ugh

readytobeme2010
on 4/5/11 4:14 am - elkton, MD
Every day I still feel so yuck, fat, you name it.

As a lightweight, when did you actually start to look at yourself and say "wow I am starting to look good" or "wow I LOOK good"???? All I see is fat :(

Today I pulled out my bin of Spring/Summer clothes and clothes that are brand new that do not fit me yet (12's and 14's)

Only a couple of years ago my clothes were so small and it was kinda depressing. I have a pile now sitting nicely in my closet that at the end of each month I will do a "try on" to see what fits.

I love my skinny clothes or I should say my clothes when I was SKINNIER....it saddens me to see how much weight I put in on only in the past couple of years.

It  really started down hill when I was on anti depressants....OMG 30lbs in two months....even though I had my doc switch out my meds the weight before surgery never came back off.

I'm not on anything now and haven't been for over 6 months and I don't think I will EVER chance that again.

But I was just wondering because I REALLY feel more sh@$#%ty that good most days

Will there be a day I actually wake up and say "wow"???

MajorMom
on 4/5/11 4:23 am - VA
Sorry you're feeling so yucky. It does take a while and you are most likely dumping hormones, which isn't helping your state of mind right now. I don't think I actually started feeling WOW until I'd catch glimpses of myself in reflections as I walked by...maybe 4 months or so out from surgery. Hang tough!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MacMadame
on 4/5/11 5:02 am - Northern, CA
I'm kind of weird that way. I never thought I was as fat as I was and I started to mentally think of myself as having lost most/all of my weight right away. So it was just like pre-op, where I'd look at a picture and think "omg, am I really THAT big?!"

However, once I got down to my lowest, I now feel like I'm enormous whenever I gain as little as 3 pounds. It's weird because I know I'm not as fat as I used to be and, even when fluffier than normal in the winter, I'm still not even close to being overweight.

But I feel OBESE sometimes. Mostly it's just my panus that does that to me. Something will make me notice it and I feel like a walrus.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

GD6
on 4/5/11 5:10 am - Hamilton, Canada
I still see fat when I look in the mirror even though I KNOW I'm not....
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

VeraG
on 4/5/11 5:30 am - Bonner Springs, KS
I'd say it took at least 6 months before I started seeing it.  And then like everyone else, I have days where I feel huge.  Body image is so screwed up!  I had a co-worker tell me "you're so skinny" and I looked around to see who she was talking to.  And I would no way classify myself as skinny.

Living until I die!

Price S.
on 4/5/11 7:24 am - Mills River, NC
I think when I got to size 12s, I started thinking I looked ok.  Now I still look and see my belly and say yuck.  When I pull on size 10 pants, I think they will never go on, but they do. 

So even though I still have around 15 lbs to go, most folks in the USA are at least 15lbs overweight so I look pretty normal these days.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

sqerlygirl
on 4/5/11 10:32 am
I started to feel really good about a month ago when I hit 180. I started fitting into 12s and mediums this past couple of weeks and that has been amazing.

It will come...give it time. Follow your program and you will be feeling and looking like a new person soon enough!!

Char
RNY 11/28/10 5' 6"
HW 263/SW 217/CW 130/GOAL 134
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Happy_Camper
on 4/5/11 11:01 am
Im 13 months out. Have been at goal (well below goal) for awhile now and I still dont "see it"   I feel great but dont see the "thin" Cindy.   Hopefully the head catches up soon.  Cindy

Surgery March 2, 2010 -  5' 9"  -   HW 278 /  SW 260 /  CW 139 / GW 150

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat                         

Ladytazz
on 4/5/11 3:36 pm
I don't say wow or anything but I am pretty happy with my body right now. Not saying I would turn down plastic surgery but I can live without it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 3:56 pm
 That's  a really funny question.  

Because sometimes I suspect that " yucky "  and " fat " feeling comes from our heads  ..U know  ?   Not from any way we actually LOOK  anyway .   People told me for YEARS that I should  be working as a plus size model and i IGNORED them (  what an idiot )  because i FELT so bad ...and  I could have worked as a character actress ..

i threw those years away  isolating and failed to provide necessary financial security and self esteem for myself....

Now  I look in the mirror and all I see are flaws .. a crooked nose , acne scars ,  crinkles at  the corners of my eyes , slight assymmetry in my smile ....  and I say I cant go out for jobs because .....

its the same head all over again ...

so it was never the fat all along lol.  It was FEAR .   

I had wow moments  the first year out  when i looked at myself like a barbie doll  and had fun dressing myself up ....  but I don't think i ever really  OWNED being that  woman .    Then I wrecked my face  trying to improve that  slightly  crooked  nose with some truly  unfortunate plastic surgery which I now have to undo .      it never ends !  At some point I think if Ure gonna get out there  ..U have to just GET OUT THERE ...  and LIVE  .   Who cares what U look like .

YOU ARE ENOUGH !!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 292 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 419 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 478 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 498 views