Off topic: Dark Circles

RaggetyAnn
on 4/8/11 1:09 pm
VSG on 02/15/11 with
ditto for me. My hairstylist calls her undereye problem her "allergy bags." 
I follow the color plan Ruthie mentioned, both for my eyes AND my rosacea.

By the way, when I eat much gluten (wheat oats barley or rye) I get deeper bags under my eyes AND my rosacea worsens. Something to consider.
tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 7:16 pm, edited 4/7/11 7:21 pm
There is a LOT U can do

Vitamin K works great to actually make em disappear - there are many products containing it that U can apply as a primer . If U have bad case U need to do this first it lifts the darkness many shades .

I also love collagen line filler from L'oreal for the crinklies at the corners . really masks em .

Other good eye primers and very concealing ( highly pigmented ) concealers are that line that Ellen De Generes hawks ....I think its made by cover girl . Th e concealer looks like a swirl of half moisturizer . The primer is good too.

Ive tried this product and really like it .

What professionals use often is cover girl white in a tube or the very lightest shade .. and then they might put foundation over the part on the mid to outer corner under the eye . They also usually use a white based highlighter with say a blue or green or violet highlight ( Chanel makes a great quad of white highlighters ) in the corner of the eye and that really brightens and draws the attention away from the circles in a way that doesnt look heavy or mask- y . Always put one spot ( dont blend ) of the same white highlighter shade On top of the eye just above the eyeball ..

again to open up the eye and brighten .

try using liquid black (or brown/ black ) eyeliner Inside the lashline on the top of the eye only and then curling mascara on the top of the eye only .....

and then line the LOWER rim of the eye ( inside ) with a white eye pencil ...

the makeup tricks distract from the circles and lines more than try to conceal them ...but if U try them U will see BOY do they open up and flatter Ur eyes !

there is a reasonable amount of concealing U can do ... and then it all starts to look fake ... 3/4 concealment and effective super flattering DISTRACTION works better in my opinion except at a premiere . U don't want to look SPACKLED out in the sun lol !

Lee ~
on 4/8/11 6:34 am - CA
Hi Kristen,

My accupuncturist told me years ago that dark circles can come from coffee or other substances.  As far as the puffiness, I was told that comes from not being moisturized.  I think it's from internal hydration, not external.  I've just started doing some eye cream at night when i can remember.

I've never worn any make-up besides mascara and blush with a little lipstick so I don't have any help there.

Are you going to the bowling party next weekend?

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 293 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 419 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 479 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 498 views