H. Pylori

lalove590
on 5/17/11 5:20 am - NC
I was sleeved April 27. I just received a call from my surgeon's office - the path report came back that I have H. Pylori. I have never tested positive for this before. I am a nurse so working in the healthcare setting no telling what you can pick up. I have to take an antibiotic/acid reducer mix for 4 weeks and then retest. The doctor's office said that this may be the cause of my constant nausea since surgery and some pain. I have lost 20 pounds since surgery. Anyone else ever had H. Pylori? I did some research and it did not seem detrimental to my weight lostt but if not treated could cause ulcers eventually. Let me know if  you have any thoughts...to put my mind at ease. Thank you!

MajorMom
on 5/17/11 6:28 am - VA
I didn't but I do have a friend that tested positive pre-op. She had no idea she had it but the round of antibiotics must have cleared it up. She had a pretty sensitive system once she had her surgery but I don't know if the 2 were related. She has lost weight beautifully and is a very happy camper now.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lalove590
on 5/17/11 7:41 am - NC
Thank you Gina for putting my mind at ease!

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/14/11 7:22 am
On May 17, 2011 at 1:28 PM Pacific Time, MajorMom wrote:
I didn't but I do have a friend that tested positive pre-op. She had no idea she had it but the round of antibiotics must have cleared it up. She had a pretty sensitive system once she had her surgery but I don't know if the 2 were related. She has lost weight beautifully and is a very happy camper now.

--gina
almost the same answer i posted on m page that happened to me.
taking  the anti-bi prev pack for 2 weeks. got 6 days to go.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Price S.
on 5/17/11 8:25 am - Mills River, NC
We were tested before but noone in my group tested positive so I don't have any input except to say to take the meds and maybe you will not have the nausea.  That would be a good benefit at any rate.  I'm swinging for you.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jody ***
on 5/17/11 10:34 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
I tested positive for H-Pylori with my pre-WLS testing.  Took some antibiotics, retested and
WA-LA it was gone!  No problems with it since (2 1/2 years out)

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 6:13 pm
 I tested  pos  for H pylori right before my   scheduled  WLS and had to take a three week  prev pak  .

Havent had a single issue since with reflux  etc....despite  being a crazy  ( real )   tea and coffee  drinker  ( and even occasional bit of booze  imbiber  ) . 

REALLY  REALLY  believe Ure the luckiest  of puppies  to discover this NOW  not in the form of  an ulcer later  ...

God is watching out for U  !!   

big hugs    Ava
lalove590
on 5/18/11 12:49 am - NC
Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts. I received my prev pack yesterday - talk about an overwhelming amount of pills to take. It makes me full just taking the morning dose. I will have to sip, sip, sip all day. I know it is good I found out now before an ulcer surfaced. Thank you for the envouragement.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 315 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 438 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 501 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 522 views