????

justwillow
on 7/19/11 3:58 am - OR
Wow I hate to admit this to anyone but if I can't talk about it here where can I talk about it. I had vsg on May 23rd and I lost pretty good at first and now I am eating anything I want of course I can't eat to much of it but last week is the first week that I didn't lose anything.  I am so scared that I am wasting my honey moon phase (the first 6 mo.) and that it is going to be even harder! If I can't lose in the begining how am I ever going to get this weight off.  I am scared and feel like such a loser (and not in a good way)

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 4:02 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Some folks can eat just a little of anything they want and lose, most of us - not so much.

Do not waste time with scared and loosery feeling.  Did your doctor give you a nutritional plan? Follow it.

Here is the one I was given and I followed it and it got me to goal.  The rest of the food will be there when you get to goal.  Some folks never get there.  Do right by you and get there.

600 to 800 calories
40 carbs (max carbs, not net, not half the carbs with your breath held, max carbs)
Minimum of 60 g of protein per day - more as you can.
Fat - if you keep protein first and watch your carbs, fat is going to monitor itself.

You will be able to eat more than you care to be able to eat as time goes on.  Now is the time for good habits.

Good luck.
Ruthie D.
on 7/19/11 8:04 am - Mayer, AZ
Did you take a measurement of your inches when you started this journey?  It's not too late to start.  In MY OH under Heath tracker, you can put in new numbers every month to monitor your loss.  Sometimes, as the body is readjusting, the loss is not always in pounds. 

Otherwise, *measure your portions* so you don't overeat accidentally, and follow the suggested high protein/low carb & lots of water rule.  Just 30 minutes a day (in 10 minute segments if necessary) of *sustained movement* is key to working up to a healthy exercise habit/program.

Do not continue to eat "anything I want" whether it's in limited portions or not.  Be compliant.  Follow the rules and guidelines.  That's how all the LW long-timers became successful and we newcomers need to follow their examples if we want what they've got.

Good luck!  :-)
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 415 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views