Will and Beneficiaries and Nerves!!

Lisa G.
on 8/25/11 4:18 am - Louisville (southern Indiana Actually), KY
Okay-my surgery is Monday and I am a bundle of nerves.  I have done a few things in preparation if things don't go right-has anyone else done this?  I made sure my will is current and my benficiaries are current, and have written letters to my kids and family just "in case".  I have faith in God and my surgeon is one of the best around-he takes all kinds of precautions (as I'm sure most surgeons do).  Does anyone have any secrets for getting the nerves under control?  I pray and do my breathing exercises, I was nervous on my last wls surgery but not this much.  Any advice would be welcome-thanks!!!
   Sleep Tight, America
   PROUD ARMY MOM
   My Sons Have Your Back

southernlady5464
on 8/25/11 4:53 am
KEEP busy and breathe!!!! You have done all you can ahead of time...as the saying goes, Let Go and Let God!

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Kermit P.
on 8/25/11 10:40 am
I was blessed and wasn't that nervous....this surprised me but like you I also did my POA and HCPOA paperwork and tried to be prepared just in case. Know that you are in a good hands and that almost always everything goes smoothly. If the nerves get really bad ask for something from the dr; they will also give you some versad most likely as you are going into surgery as well.

Sending positive thoughts your way!!!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Mrs.M
on 8/25/11 1:31 pm
I was more nervous with my lapband.  By the time I decided to do the RNY it just felt right.  And you're way ahead of the game updating your will.  I STILL haven't done that and I've been married almost ffive years already.

Deep breathing is great. Nerves are normal. And you are about to be on the best roller-coaster ride of your life.  (That's saying a lot because I actually hate roller-coasters LOL)

swinging lizards your way

Janet

Lisa G.
on 8/25/11 10:15 pm - Louisville (southern Indiana Actually), KY
Thanks for all of the encouragement and advise.  I know I'll be fine it's just those darn nagging thoughts in the back of my mind!!  And I have to ask-what is a "swinging lizard?"
   Sleep Tight, America
   PROUD ARMY MOM
   My Sons Have Your Back

Roz !!!!
on 8/26/11 5:40 am - Butler, PA
I'm so excited for you!!!  I'm sorry you are so nervous....maybe it's excitement!

I wasn't the least bit nervous even during the last minutes which really surprised me, but I did put things in order just in case.  I told my DD#1 where everything was etc.

You'll be just fine....I can't wait for you to start posting your WOW's!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 297 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 423 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 483 views
Still kickin'...