OH GINA.......

IRAYD8U
on 10/17/11 8:34 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
Hey Gina,

I have my 2 year follow up with my surgeon today....I know it's late....I was unable to attend an earlier appointment and couldn't get in again until now.....LOL  I have a question for you about the VitaLady Lab lists.  I'd like to see if my surgeon will draw the majority of these labs but would like to explain to him "why" I'd like some of them done if he asks.  I don't want to walk in there with a list and say "I want these done, I don't know why I want most of them done, but everyone else is doing it....and they seem to be doing well" ....Do you know if Vitalady has a printable explaination of the "why's" of these labs??  I know she doesn't want what she says to be construed as medical advice and I don't blame her, however, I'm assuming she must have done some research to come up with the extensive lab list she has....so this is me being curious....LOL

Thanks!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
MajorMom
on 10/18/11 2:11 am - VA
I must have just missed your post this morning. Sorry. The best I can think of is you want to see the vitamin and mineral labs for yourself because you like to tweak your own vitamins and you're taking a lot of separate vitamins and minerals. You specifically want the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E & K) because you malabsorb them. You want calcium, osteocalcin and PTH to go with your D3 and you want ferritin to go with your iron. You want B12 because you don't absorb it unless you take as a sublingual or injection.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!