Its been a while!

romea
on 11/7/11 8:46 am
How's everyone?
I am also curious as to how the people who had surgery around the end of July, beginning of August are doing? I am at a little bit of a stall right now, I think I have added too much back into my diet... I've been in the gym on avg 3-4 days a week for the last month. I've lost about 53lbs and love that I went from size 14 to 6 right now but I am still not where I want to be. I just need a boost of encouragement and words of wisdom about actually living with the sleeve... I mean, I am not eating copious amounts, but I think sometimes I'm snacking a little too much or having things that aren't the most nutritious.
I am currently in my 2nd to last semester of my RN, BSN and I am stressed and trying to have easy on-the-go food in the fridge, but sometiems wind up needing to grab a quick not-so-good snack food to serve as my "meal" and I just don't think I'm doing things right. Am I beating myself up?
Does anyone have any suggestions as far as easy on-the-go foods? I think my downfall is really sugar right now as I find myself being able to tolerate more sweet stuff and not feel as crappy afterward, for example, regular juice rather than reduced/no sugar added/splenda juice. Guys, where should I be right now as far as my calorie intake? I track almost every day, and sometimes wind up around 750-1000 range. The days I don't track, I imagine could be worse.
Also, I have been told by a few people I "really don't need to loose any more weight". Anyone else having that little tidbit thrown in their face? I am still about ~23lbs away from my goal of and I have come off my blood pressure meds (yay) but I am not ready to stop losing quite yet. Advice?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Price S.
on 11/7/11 9:35 am - Mills River, NC
Welcome back.  You will probably hear from some sleevers to but here goes from a RNYer.

You have probably just hit a slowdown.  You are still really early out so I don't imagine you are done yet.  Posting on Miles and Menus may help see how others are doing and you can get some ideas.  Your range, 750-1000 sounds ok but I found when I slowed down that reducing carbs even though I stayed at the same calories, got me losing again.  You need to remember to keep your protein up too, 80-100 probably would be good.  I would be careful drinking your calories like juice, too.  It is really easy to down a bunch and never get full or really get much benefit from it.

I've been getting the "don't lose anymore" for a while now.  I just tell folks I'm through and go on doing what I am doing.  Now I really do think I am about through but I'm counting on my body letting me know.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

romea
on 11/7/11 7:31 pm
 Thank you so much for your insight. I will definitely check out the miles and menus. Now that I think about it, there is totally a correlation between my increased carb consumption and my slowdown now that I look back. I use Myfitnesspal to track everything which is helpful. I agree about the juice, and "empty calories" in general. I have stayed away from soda since before surgery which is good, but I think sometimes I get this feeling like I have been "deprived" from things like juice and its almost like I say to myself "oh, well you haven't had Coke in so long, juice isnt that bad" and I am just afraid the self-talk like that is going to get me right back where I started. My protein has slacked lately as well, as I haven't always chosen the protein first and foremost. I think I just need to re-juvinate... I've made it this far, no need to screw up now. :) Again, thank you.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Eliza55
on 11/8/11 1:44 am - PA
I had my surgery on Aug 10, about the same time as you do.  I did not have the sleeve, but had an RNY.  Like you, I exercise 3-4 days a week.  I've lost about 46 lbs since surgery, so that is comparable as well. (I did lose 22 lbs pre-surgery)  I had very slow weight loss during the first half of my second month - it actually has picked up now, and I attribute that to adding weight training to my gym time.

I don't dump, so I've had a couple of candy bars since Halloween, and I know that snacking will be my downfall too, so I'm working on getting it under control.  My diet is so limited (I have a finickey pouch) that my only advice for on-the-go is the single serving Syntrax Nectar packets.  They mix well with water, and taste OK.  You might also look at string cheese - as it is very portable, and quite filling.

I have been told that I need to stop losing.  I tell everyone that my PCP's goal is 30-40 lbs less than what I weigh now, and that I'm under close supervision with a doctor for my weight, and that ususally stops the questions.

I just had blood taken to see if I get to continue to be off my cholesterol medication - I had high cholesterol which always needed higher doses of medication before surgery.  I know my blood pressure is down - it is now low....  My sleep apnea hasn't resolved, but oh well....

Take care, and let us know how everything is going.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 297 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 422 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 483 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 502 views