Husband is approved

Margaret Smith
on 9/21/13 5:37 am - Lake Wales, FL

Husband is approved for RXY surgery,we are just waiting on date.I'm calling them on Monday morning and try to get date for hby,we are so happy he finely got approved on first go around with medicare.He is so happy about getting approved.His surgern said I may even lose the rest of my weight I want to lose because I;m going to go on his diet plan with him after surgery and I just have to make sure I get my protein in .I cant wait to get th eold hby back even though he is disabled due to wreck we will be able to do things together again like going walking,fishing,etc,

I'm just soooooooooooooooooooooooo happppppppppppppppppy for him.

Margaret,fl

MajorMom
on 9/21/13 5:52 am - VA

Most excellent!!  Congratulations!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jody ***
on 9/21/13 10:42 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Congratulations!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Roz !!!!
on 9/21/13 9:51 pm - Butler, PA

That's Awesome!!!!! 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

southernlady5464
on 9/22/13 12:39 am

Congrats.

I know my dh's surgeon said having spouses have the same surgery was easiest on both. Made meal planning down the road so much easier.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Price S.
on 9/22/13 8:47 am - Mills River, NC

angry

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/22/13 9:03 pm
Great news..and I think that helping your DH with his new diet - may really help you with yours.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

butterfly3851
on 9/24/13 1:34 am - TX

My husband had sleeve surgery 3 weeks after I did and it has been the most exciting experience to get my husband back!  He was having so many health problems that almost immediately cleared up!  He was around 380 this time a year ago and is now at 285.  2012 was a horrible health year for him - lots of problems. We have had very little social life except to go out to eat these past few years - no traveling, only could sit at in an aisle seat if I did talk him into going to an event.

He purchased tickets a couple of weeks to a concert  at a small venue of one of his favorite artists (without me talking him into it!!) and we had a great time!  I was amazed that our life is changing!  We just got back from FLYING to our first real vacation in years - no seat belt extender, tray table lots of room, no trouble walking through airport, no sweating, and only one real argument  (HA!) through the 10 day trip!  Life has definitely changed - I'm on my knees in gratitude that this surgery has saved both our lives!  I'm so happy to have my husband back - thin people don't understand me when I say that - they just don't understand.

The only thing that is bugging me is that he loses weight so much faster than I do without any exercise - I'm working out with a trainer 3 times a week now and he's not doing anything!  We are trying to keep each other on track - trying new recipes - etc.  We are closer than we've ever been.

Good luck to you both!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 296 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 420 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 482 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 500 views