Sad yet determined!

LTLPIXY
on 1/31/14 2:46 pm

So I don't usually post on this board, but I'm having a bad night! I had RNY 10 yrs ago, and am now back up to a 35 BMI. I went to see Dr Keshishian about a revision, and they submitted to my insurance for approval. I have a few comorbidities, and even though by all accounts I meet the criteria for a revision, they still denied me. Said my BMI doesn't qualify.

We are going to appeal, but I wanted to vent and see if anyone had any suggestions???

Price S.
on 1/31/14 8:27 pm - Mills River, NC

I know nothing about revisions and the rules of the insurance companies but hope you can get some results.  What would you revise to or would they just tighten up everything?  It's horrible that they want us fatter and sicker before they will help.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 1/31/14 8:36 pm - Butler, PA

Welcome to our Board!!!  We have had others on here that have had revisions so hopefully someone can give you some advice.  Did you call the insurance company yourself and find out what a normal BMI is?  Maybe you are really close and you can do something about that.

(((HUGS))) I hope you get it all worked out.  Keep us updated!! 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

MajorMom
on 1/31/14 10:12 pm - VA

If you're wanting to revise to DS some idiot insurance companies have taken it upon themselves to raise the bar to over 50 BMI. If you're in California I've seen some successful fights where the state insurance board overturns an insurance company's denial. Keep fighting!

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!