WLS 2/11/14 Stomach Spasms

losingthefatt
on 2/17/14 7:58 pm - NJ
VSG on 02/11/14

Hi, Everyone! I was sleeved on 2/11/14! As of today I am 8 days post-op.  I am constantly having stomach spasms even though I am not eating or drinking nothing at the time. They are very uncomfortable! I called my surgeon's office and was told this is normal.  However, I'm really not liking this feeling! Has anyone gone through this and how long does it last?

I  am doing much better and am able to get in all of my liquids and protein drinks.

P.S...It even hurts to burp at times.  This is crazy! I attended 2 monthly support groups before I had my WLS and it seems that when the group was asked by people who were attending to get information about the surgery, it seems that everyone that responded stated that they had no problems after the surgery and that everything was hunkey-dory! Huh? That has not been my experience. I am aware that everyone's experience is different and I may just be one of those that is is out of the norm.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kim...Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Kim...aka LosingTheFatt

"2Blessed...2B Stressed"

Price S.
on 2/17/14 8:34 pm - Mills River, NC

Problems early out are NOT uncommon, it is just that as we get past them we tend to forget.  Everyone's body reacts differently.  Be sure you are following your program.  At 8 days, most will have you still on soft food.  Eat tiny bites, the size of a pencil eraser.  Slowly, 1/4 cup at a time.  Sip very slowly.  Hold off on your vits and mins if those seem to be part of the issue.  I found papaya enzymes help when my tummy feels too heavy but I wasn't 8 days out. 

It does get better and you will figure it all out.  Just take it slow.  You never HAVE to move to the next diet phase when they say, wait until your body is ready.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 2/17/14 11:44 pm - Butler, PA

I'm sorry you are feeling like this.  Price is right about us forgetting what we actually went through.  It's like when we forget how bad childbirth was once that little one comes out.

Could you be dehydrated? Try to sip all day long.  I can remember having problems with is my throat glands cramping when I drank.  It was really painful so my Surgeon said I could use a straw as long as I didn't have gas. 

Have you went to the bathroom yet?  That took awhile for me too have a bowel movement and that did cause me to have a few issues with my stomach.  I remember my stomach hurting after my C-Sections too so I knew I need to walk and move more to get things moving.

If possible keep a ledger so you might be able to help others who have this concern later on.

Now that I am having bladder/stomach cramping I've found that warm drinks seem to calm it and cold drinks seem to make it worse.  I've been drinking a lot of peppermint tea and that seems to help a lot.

I hope you get it figured out and start feeling better!!!  (((HUGS)))

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 297 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 422 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 483 views
Still kickin'...