exercise

jenn1469
on 1/15/15 10:24 am

Ok so I try to exercise but I hate it I'm not gonna lie. So I'm 7 mos post op and I exercise off and on but to tell you the truth I don 't stay focused. I have lost 69 pounds. And wanted to really no will I gain my weight back if I don't exercise?

Jennifer

MajorMom
on 1/15/15 6:57 pm - VA

Doing some kind of exercise is always a good idea and it will help with weight maintenance. Just a 20 minute walk a day is better than nothing.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 1/15/15 9:30 pm - Mills River, NC

the real trick to exercise is finding something you really like and you will do it because you like it, not because it is exercise.  I love my muscle pump class but who would have thought that a 65 yr old lady would enjoy pumping iron!!!  I took a bunch of classes before I found one I really enjoyed enough to put it on my schedule and really go.  I like zumba and yoga too, hate the machines, walking is ok but it is hard to make myself go do it.

One of our posters found out she loved riding a bike.  Others ice skate and some have run in 5K races.  There are tapes, on line stuff, all kinds of thing but you have to try a bunch and see what rings your bell.

Will you gain all your weight back without exercise?  Maybe not but exercise allows you to raise your calories a little.  Once we lose all our weight, our calorie requirements are way low.  No more 2000 calories a day.  I think mine with no exercise is like 1100.  Really!!! That is lower than most diets put you on. If I am exercising, that goes up a little and I can maintain on a few more calories instead of gaining.  And hopefully you realize that you can (anyone can) out eat any surgery. 

So find something you love to do, try lots of things.  Make a scheduled time in your life to do it so you don't make excuses.  Find a buddy to do it with you so it is harder to back out.  Maybe check out SparkPeople on line.  Lots of exercise tips, home programs, etc to get folks moving.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

jenn1469
on 1/15/15 11:06 pm

Well I started playing just dance with my son. I love it it's a dancing video game. I think this is an exercise I really enjoy and I spend one on one time with my son which he enjoys. Thanks for your feed back. I just will dance off the last bit of pounds I got left.

Jennifer

Price S.
on 1/16/15 4:51 am - Mills River, NC

yep, the way to do it is find something fun.  Sounds like you have. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

MajorMom
on 1/16/15 6:00 pm - VA

Sounds like a great plan.  : )

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active