Too many ER Visits, Can't get the swing of things.

kbennett2013
on 10/19/15 1:10 pm

Hey All,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced what I am currently going through. I'm about to reach my 3 month post op VSG surgery. I've lost 63 pounds- YAY.

However, there have been many trips to the ER, Dehydration, and two infections (i'm still recovering from). I've had a hard time eating (just no will to eat) and I feel like everything makes me sick.

Has anyone else had similar problems. Just everything you put in your body, it hates. You feel like your body hates you?

Feeling lonely...

Billy D.
on 10/19/15 2:09 pm

Make sure you are hydrated, the liquids are important so that you do not get the nausea when you are eating. Also I am sure you probably already know but make sure your liquids are not at same time and that you wait a half hour before and after to avoid upset. You will not be hungry at times but you have to look at it as a job rather than a pleasure, at least for now. You will still be able to enjoy food later and when you feel better even more so. Try some probiotics, my doctor prescribed Lactinex, they are all natural and can only help. Maybe it is some of the foods you are trying to eat? I think single foods rather than a mixture might be better for you. I find that fresh air and a walk helps me feel better. And 63 lbs lost certainly is nothing to sneeze at...that is wonderful. Just keep on going, you will get there.

kbennett2013
on 10/19/15 2:30 pm

Thank you, I feel better knowing that there are so many others that are walking the same path as me. Deep breathing helps. I know i'm not as hydrated as I should be. I'm trying yogurt, and going back to a liquid diet for a few days since I've been sick. The Doctor also told me to try probiotics today, so i'm going to go get some tonight :) Thank you so much!

Price S.
on 10/19/15 5:57 pm - Mills River, NC

Liquids are so very important as is protein. Your protein suppliments count as both so use them many times a day. Early out we were to eat 6-8 times a day, now at 5 yrs, 4-6x a day is fine with my group. Keep working on it. One of the signs of dehydration is nausea so keeping hydrated will help with that too. Just take it easy, no more than 1 new food a day and single foods, not combinations. You have the rest of your life to try new things. Take it slow and take care of yourself. You can do this.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 10/20/15 9:55 am - Butler, PA

Welcome to M&M and Congrats on your 63 pounds Lost!!!! That's Awesome!!!!

Before I start...if you have time can you put your surgery type and date in your signature or in your heading. I know OH is kindof messed up right now but it helps us a lot and you don't have to repeat that information every time you post.

I struggled early out too but as time went on it got easier and easier. I found that drinking warm liquids worked a lot better than cold. It took me 7 months before I could drink cold liquids. The warmness seemed to keep my stomach calm. I'm still an all day Vanilla Tea drinker for the same reason. I don't add Protein to it any more but I did early out. I also drank a lot of SF hot chocolate and ate SF jello and pudding with Protein Powder in it.

I also ate a lot of Saltines with Protein (mostly Laughing Cow Lite Cheese Spread or Peanut Butter)

I struggled with things tasting extremely salty, sour, and spicy so I chose foods and drinks that were very mild tasting.

Were you on Prilosec or some other kind of Acid Reducer before WLS? Even at 7 years out I still take my Prilosec ever day but I don't have to use Rolaids any more because I never get heartburn anymore.

I don't know how your Physician feels about using a straw to drink but mine suggested that might be easier for me to get my liquids in. They worry about the RNY's getting air in their pouch but I never had a problem.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

kbennett2013
on 10/21/15 7:28 am

I'd love to figure out how to set my signature, I can't seem to do it. Can anyone help?

Also no. I don't take prilosec, however I do have a prescription for it.

Roz !!!!
on 10/24/15 6:22 am - Butler, PA

Things have been really changing on the OH website but previously you went to your profile page and clicked on update your personal information and there was a signature section.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/15 5:25 am

I would recommend getting up and walking preferably outside in the sun. Also eating more and more nutritously . Presumably youre really on top of your vitamins, right ?

If it was me Id eat whatever I found tasty which made me feel good the next day - from fresh kale juice to freshly prepared veggies from Oriental buffets . Something has to catch your fancy! ((())))

kbennett2013
on 10/27/15 7:52 am

I didn't think about Hibachi. I could totally do some Hibachi Chicken or Steak with Yum Yum sauce -sans rice and the veggies are to die for!!! Kale Juice?? What is that??? I have heard that black bean pasta is a good option as it has 25 grams of protien....

VSG 7/27/2015

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 416 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views