WLS Lightweights

K N.
on 12/21/15 10:38 am

I had my surgery on Friday the 18th.... I can't tell you how many people said to me "but your not that big"...... Even the PA that discharged me yesterday. I explained to them I am considered morbidly obeese, I have lost the weight before and it all came back, and my knee just wont allow me to exercise the way I did when I lost the weight (I was running half marathons up to 20 months ago, now I need a replacement at only 36 y/o), and that I don't want to wait until I am "big enough to do it" I want to take charge of my life now. 

I guess it was a compliment on their part. But, I did this for me, not them. 

Age: 36, Height: 5' 1", SW: 237.7, CW:155.1 (6/16/16) , Surgery 12/18/15

M1 = - 29.1, M2 = - 13.1, M3 = 13.3, M4 =9.7  M5 = 9.1 M6 

sarah2010
on 12/30/15 4:10 pm
RNY on 01/12/16

Finding this thread made me feel a million times better! I hear it all the time "your not big enough for WLS" "why are you here" "I know YOUR not pre op" -- things that have been said to me multiple times! As great of a community as this is, there is some discrimination within our own :( I'm 23 (24 in March) and have my Gastric Bypass in 12 days! My mom had it 14 years ago and has been the poster child for it and has had an incredible outcome still to this day so I know more about it than most people give me credit for!

im also incredibly active, began training for a half marathon last summer, and have no problem working out and staying fit! My problem must be food and what I consume which is why I am in need of this tool. Aside from kidney stones and PCOS, I have no other medical issues which my surgeon said doing it at this age is a preventative surgery which helps a great deal for my future health.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 317 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 439 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 502 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 523 views