Revision on the 5th

azlabcop
on 4/26/16 10:51 am - AZ

I had the sleeve done in 2012, I was 186....lost and gained some back. I'm now 150 and going in for the DS on the 5th due to GERD/reflux. I wouldn't be having this surgery if 4 bariatric surgeons didn't tell me I would end up with esophageal and/stomach cancer from the reflux. I'm nervous because I don't want to lose too much weight. Will my body stop losing when I get to a certain point, as with the sleeve, it seemed to know when to stop losing. I have been pushing myself to gain a few lbs since scheduling surgery.

Price S.
on 4/26/16 2:07 pm - Mills River, NC

Welcome   I will let Gina, aka Major Mom, answer because she is the DS queen but I wish you all the luck in being successful and having a text book surgery and a boring recovery.  I wish DS had been an option for me because with my eating style, I think it would have fit beautifully.  But you do have to be very careful with your vits and mins because it provides the highest malabsorption of any surgery.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/27/16 5:17 am

Sorry to ask - but DS or RNY? I am not sure how DS can help you with GERD? RNY - is known to help GERD, ...but DS - you will retain the sleeve, and they will only add the switch to it...the sleeve is what is causing the GERD..

I am bit confused... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views