WLS Mexico, BM 28-30.

megsy123
on 9/14/17 9:48 pm

Hi, I'm looking for some concrete answers. My BM is technically low, I'm going to get a gastric sleeve in Mexico but I am curious if there are BMI requirements to get it done?

I have BED (and have had for many years my metabolism just isn't keeping up anymore) but more importantly I have a pretty badly injured back (I was off for a year and a half) and a physically demanding job, my knees hurt and my hips hurt, I've got a peptic ulcer (treating currently) my blood pressure is elevated and I'm retaining fluid. 40-60 extra pounds is literally causing me to fall apart and diet pills don't work anymore. I'm so miserable and I can't continue to waste my life feeling this way. I'm not concerned about losing the weight all at once, slow and steady is fine with me, but I can't get it to budge at all - at least in the downward direction for more than a few days. I am exhausted and I sincerely dislike the woman I see in the mirror.

please tell me there is hope?

im looking to get financed as well and checked into Beliteweight so far. Not sure where else to look, considered care credit, but don't want to apply until I'm sure because I don't want my credit score dinged. Thanks so much!

Roz !!!!
on 9/16/17 10:59 am, edited 9/16/17 4:00 am - Butler, PA

WOW...I can't honestly answer your question. I know with my insurance I had to have a 40 or above to have my surgery done in the states. I don't know what the requirements are in Mexico when you are self pay.

They might be able to help you on the Mexico Board. Go to Forums and look for the:

Bariatric Surgery Forums

You are always welcome to post on our Lightweight Board also!!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Erin T.
on 9/16/17 5:36 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

The main thing I got from this is that you an ulcer and VSG is contradicted in people with acid reflux. So, I'd be 100% sure that's not the reason you have an ulcer before scheduling the surgery. I personally think that many of the places in Mexico to have surgery are too lenient on their requirements.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 297 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 422 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 483 views