VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Would you please co...

Would you please consider doing the cottage cheese test?

abejita
on 11/27/10 10:16 pm - dallas, TX
I would imagine there is not a difference.  The idea behind the five minutes is that you are not eating long enough for it to start leaving your stomach.  If you did it in three, all the cottage cheese was still in your stomach when you were full.  I think the time limit is to keep you from going longer because you can eat more as your stomach empties out.

mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
ThinLizzy
on 11/28/10 1:26 am
Ok, I did this this morning. I checked back on my results from last time I did this. At 21 months out, I could eat just shy of 6 oz. Now, at 39 months, or 18 months later, I could eat just a bite more than 6 oz. Essentially no change as I think I pushed it a bit more this time. So that is reassuring  that my sleeve has not stretched....

Lizanne

abejita
on 11/28/10 5:23 am - dallas, TX
Ok, I did it after my bike ride today and I could eat right at 8oz, but I was uncomfortable full.  I usually only eat 1/2 cup and I am satisfied with that.

mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
MacMadame
on 12/1/10 1:50 am - Northern, CA
I did the test at 2 years out and I could eat 6.5 oz -- which is the same as when I did the test at 1 year.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jupiter Rocks
on 12/1/10 5:36 am
I tried the cottage cheese test today and I was not able to eat the whole 4 ounces of cottage cheese. I would say I ate maybe about 3 ounces of it.