VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Would you please co...

Would you please consider doing the cottage cheese test?

ThinLizzy
on 11/21/10 11:10 pm
I did this about a year ago and it was 6.5 ounces. I'm sure I could eat a cup now.

But why don't we test how much steak or chicken we can eat instead? I don't really think the cottage cheese test proves anything. As we've been discussing, the feeling of satiety depends on so many factors--like what you're eating, how fast your stomach empties, etc. I would never eat cottage cheese because I would be hungry again 10 minutes later! If you want to do a Dense Protein Test, lol, I'm in on that!

Lizanne

Maintaining Cindy
on 11/21/10 11:41 pm
MEAT!!!!!!!!  I like your idea! 

Jen C.
on 11/22/10 1:01 pm
I read that the test was developed by a surgeon, specifically that the amount of cottage cheese you can eat gives the best estimate of the size of your sleeve. So if you can eat a cup of cottage cheese, then you have an 8 ounce stomach, even though you feel full on 3 ounces of steak.

Also just that if you are going to compare to someone across the country, you want to eat the exact same thing.

Why do you think you can eat more than a year ago? Do you think your sleeve has stretched this far out?

Height: 5'7"     Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!!  
                          http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ThinLizzy
on 11/24/10 7:36 am
Actually, I don't think it's stretched much, honestly. So maybe it would be the same. I think I can eat about 1/2 oz. more of meat than I could at the end of year 1. Dr. J. said it's normal to dilate for a while, but I think I'm pretty much at my stable capacity.
L.

ThinLizzy
on 11/24/10 11:24 am
And now I'm curious, so I will try to do this over the weekend...

Still Fawn
on 11/22/10 1:14 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I LOATHE cottage cheese, but I could try this with egg salad for ya... Will let you know. I like the idea of a meat test though! Lol

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

diane S.
on 11/22/10 2:09 am
i often eat cottage cheese for breakfast and usually have 2/3 cup. thats about full for me. fortunately i like the stuff and its more protein than two eggs. sure is easy to fix too. D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 

VickyO
on 11/22/10 3:36 am - Riverside, CA
This **** if fascinating to me!  Just fascinating!  I love the reality of this board!

Me, I can eat more than before, but to be honest I eat lots of different kinds of stuff now.  It seemed to be pure protein for the first year "mostly".  Now, I try and keep my protein up but am "enjoying" the other stuff today. For example....today I had the most wonderful breakfast.  2 slices of homemade sourdough and walnut french toast with 2 slices of bacon and a few bits from my honey's plate (home fries and apple sausage.  Friggin yummy!  I'm off work this week, so we my normal routine is off.  I typically have greek yogurt or cottage cheese or oatmeal for breakfast. 
I absolutely love letting my sleeve do it's thing and I don't get obsessed over what I eat or how much I eat.  I truly enjoy eating for the first time in my life! 

laurak712
on 11/22/10 4:18 am - New Braunfels, TX
I've done it recently and it's 5oz for me.  By the way, I love CC.

Laura

Height 5' 7

mini_me_ now
on 11/22/10 5:30 am
i just used up a container of cc making ms shells mock rice pudding, so ill buy some when i go shopping on wed night  (pay day)  when i go get the last few things for thanks giving,

normally i eat 1/2 cup of soft foods like that when i start to get that full feeling but i have never eaten plain cc so it will be interesting.

but ill do the meat one too if you want see where we sit with that too.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!!