VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Would you please co...

Would you please consider doing the cottage cheese test?

Jen C.
on 11/21/10 1:51 pm
I have a favor to ask of all you wonderful supportive people on this board!

Would you please consider doing the cottage cheese test? I know my sleeve is on the bigger side, but lately I've been able to eat SO much food. I really need a reality check to compare myself to others.

This has been posted a few times on the main board as a way to get an estimate of sleeve size. It was developed by a surgeon and supposedly is very accurate. You basically, on an empty stomach, just see how much cottage cheese you can eat in 5 minutes. You eat until you are full, but NOT uncomfortably full.

I did this test (I hate cottage cheese so I had to mix it with Splenda) and I could eat 8 ounces.

How about you?

Height: 5'7"     Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!!  
                          http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Maintaining Cindy
on 11/21/10 2:03 pm
I so look forward to the results of everyones test...

I 'think' I still hate cottage cheese too!!  Have not had it since I was a kid...

I don't even know if they sell it down here, but I will look for it...

What a waste of a good meal, cause that is what I will probably end up doing, use it to replace a meal...

My sleeve is on the larger size also, I can eat a lot, but thank goodness, because I lose easily...

Ok, you bet, if I can find the stuff, I will try the test as well.

I look forward to seeing how much everyone can eat.

Hugs,

sassyscorpio
on 11/21/10 3:55 pm
I'd like to do the test, but I REALLY hate cottage cheese. I would puke just looking at it. MWG on main board hates it as much as I do, so she did it with egg salad. She chopped it up very fine so there were no big huge chunks of egg and it was about the same consistency as cottage cheese.

I know my sleeve has stretched. I had a craving this evening for a McDonalds cheeseburger. I used to only be able to eat half bread included. Tonight, I tore some of the bread off, but for the most part, I was able to eat the whole thing. I only tore off some of the edges of the bread where there was no burger. I was pretty full, but not uncomfortably full. I am thinking of doing the pouch test which is supposed to shrink the stomach back.

Is it something like 2 or 3 days of liquids only and 2 or 3 days of mushies only? I suppose I could google it.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/10 4:02 pm
VSG on 05/04/09 with
It does not shrink your stomach girlie, it just helps folks who have not felt restriction to feel it again, but if it *has* stretched, then stretched it has. 

I know MWG does it so she can rid herself of carbs.

Have you read "An End to Overeating" ?  It kind of explains exactly why we can eat so much fast food, because its all preprocessed, so we do not have to chew it up much, just swallow down, and why there seems to always be room for more.
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/10 4:03 pm
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I will pick some up today and do it manyana and let you know what happened with my belly.  But cottage cheese? Without even thinking about it much I probably could definitely eat a cup.

Ricotta cheese - 3/4 cup probably because its so much denser - but that was not the question, was it!  :} 
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 11/21/10 9:00 pm
I took it maybe a year ago and forgot what I could eat but I know it was a lot and when I posted it MWG was horrified (she is a friend of mine) and started talking about needing a revision and crap.

NAH!   I am fine - I can just eat a normal amount of loose stuff, less if it's dense. 

and I am maintaining OK.  I'll try to find my actual results for you but I think it was 8 ounces.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

diane S.
on 11/24/10 11:27 am
Awe i just love this little ratty. Had loads of pet rhodents as a child and always am fond of them. my best friend used to bring her hamster to school in her purse. that is, until the class bully "ratted" her out. LOL. love the pic. D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 

Mandyplus2 ..
on 11/21/10 9:17 pm - GA
I eat cottage cheese often and I could not eat that much. I could eat maybe 4 ounces in that time (a rough estimate) - BUT, I'm not as far out as you are.
 5'8" - 40 years old

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 11/21/10 9:21 pm
I couldn't find my results from last year but it was at least 8 ounces.  I am just not going to worry about it.

if I could always stop when I was full but "not uncomfortably full" thing would be great!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Jen C.
on 11/21/10 10:36 pm
I had to mix the cottage cheese with FOUR packs of Splenda, that's how much I don't like cottage cheese. But I can testify that if you make it sweet enough the test is doable.

Looking forward to everyone's results!

Height: 5'7"     Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!!