VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » I need your Costco ...

I need your Costco advice

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/10 12:54 am
I need your help.  I have not been to Costco in many years, but will be going there in a few days.  Would you please help me put together a reasonable shopping list.  I really would love to have your input.  The shrimp wanton soup is first on the list.  Thanks everyone.     Oh and if you have a little extra time, if you could do the same for TJ's, I would really appreciate it. 
ThinLizzy
on 11/30/10 1:36 am - Benicia, CA
Hi, Elina!

I also love the marinated shrimp that they have in the fresh meat/fish section--they come in a tub. There are too many of them to eat by yourself, but they're yummy if you have other shrimp lovers in the house! My recent Costco find is a liquid calcium called  Reviva. I have a really hard time with the big calcium pills and this makes it easy and it tastes like a smoothie without any chalkiness. I also buy the Kirkland version of Centrum there and my Vitamin D3. I also buy a bag of their frozen chicken filets--they're individually frozen so you can taken out a couple and they're a nice size and very tender. I'll add more if I think of any!!

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/10 2:22 am
Thank you Lizanne, I am adding it to my list now.  This group is awesome.
jimbovsg
on 11/30/10 2:14 am
COSTCO: Caltrate? (the kind that is easily absorbed), Hummus, Aidells' chicken meatballs, and chicken sausages, (there are several types of other brands...have not tried),  artichoke hearts, fage greek yogurt, The cilanto lime shrimp (mentioned above) laughing cow light cheese, 
TJ's: pure protein 35 shakes, light smoked gouda, hummus, lots of seasonal fruits, edamame(frozen)

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/10 2:24 am
What do you do with the artichoke hearts?  They sound yummy.  I am adding it all to my list.  Thank you.
jimbovsg
on 11/30/10 4:52 am
On November 30, 2010 at 10:24 AM Pacific Time, Elina_7 wrote:
What do you do with the artichoke hearts?  They sound yummy.  I am adding it all to my list.  Thank you.
I eat them out of the jar (drain off oil!)  I also blend (in my ninja)   and mix it with plain hummus for artichoke hummus which I eat on split HB eggs!  ( I know my family thinks I'm weird but it is good!)  The artichokes are like 30 cals or so per serving , i eat about 3-4 chunks, they have fiber too!  They also have an artichoke "tapinade" in a 2 pack Gerties is the brand I think? It is easy to mix in stuff,  but kinda pricey!

MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

abejita
on 11/30/10 6:38 am - dallas, TX
I make artichoke and feta pizza with homemade pizza crust...one of my favorites!

mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
ThinLizzy
on 11/30/10 2:31 am - Benicia, CA
Yes, it's calcium citrate. Per two tablespoons:
35 calories
10g carbs
4g sugar

1000 i.u. Vitamin D3
1000 mg. Calcium Citrate
400 mg Magnesium Citrate

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

jimbovsg
on 11/30/10 4:40 am, edited 11/30/10 4:42 am
On November 30, 2010 at 10:31 AM Pacific Time, ThinLizzy wrote: Yes, it's calcium citrate. Per two tablespoons:
35 calories
10g carbs
4g sugar

1000 i.u. Vitamin D3
1000 mg. Calcium Citrate
400 mg Magnesium Citrate

Sorry Lizanne  I meant I buy the caltrate ( was not sure of the name!)  pills at costco.  They are the easily absorbed calcium  citrate ( a bottle is like $12)  I have been taking them for 9 months now ....my cal levels 6 weeks ago were good!  They are pretty big pills!  But they work for me! 

MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

loverofcats
on 11/30/10 7:06 am
Caltrate is calcium carbonate, which is not recommended for WLS people. We need calcium citrate, which is more easily absorbed by everyone and doesn't require an acid environment for absorption.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat