VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » My pants are tight?...

My pants are tight??

NanaDebby65
on 12/11/10 12:29 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I am maintaining between 138-142 and for some reason all my pants are feeling a little snug. I'm not gaining weight but have gone up from a size 6 to a size 8. The legs and behind are a little saggy in the 8's but fit fine around the waist. I am not lifting weights or exercising much. In fact since the time change I havent done alot of walking either. This being said I know I am not building any muscle in my stomach. Could this be the weight/fat I have left redistributing?? I'm at a loss, I just dont get it.

I have added some carbs back in to my daily diet but I really havent been super strict on those to begin with. I am still dealing with fluid retention mainly in my ankles and legs. Could I be retaining fluid in my stomach as well?? I even feel heavier. I actually hold my breath every time I get on the scales and breathe a sigh of relief when I see the numbers are within my 5 lb range.

I am needing to replenish my wardrobe (it's really sad right now-LOL!) but I now I dont want to buy a lot of clothes that I wont be able to fit into 2 months down the road. Just getting a little frustrated at this point!!

Debby
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
diane S.
on 12/11/10 4:44 am
Hi Nana Debby
Boy i can imagine this can be frustrating. We work so hard to get to a goal and it must be no fun to feel those jeans a little tighter. Whats hapening is probably pretty normal especially if its not showing up on the scale. have you increased salt?  this could cause water retention? I think its pretty normal for things to sort of move around and adjust after getting to goal. I am afraid i don't have much advice other than watch those carbs as they seem to be poison to some of us. (yes i am eating more now than in weight loss phase but maybe only 50 or less and no white flour or sugar).

So hang in there and let us know how its going. IF i were you i would go buy a few clothes that fit now. bet they still fit in 2 months. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

mini_me_ now
on 12/11/10 4:55 am, edited 12/11/10 4:55 am
Hi Debby, If your not gaining weight but feel it, sounds like you could be bloating and holding onto fluid, try upping your fluids and see if you can flu**** out of your system.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

sassyscorpio
on 12/11/10 9:19 am
I shop a lot at good will .Then I don't feel guilty if I buy something and can't wear it very long. I've gotten some very cute things there that look brand new.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

sassyscorpio
on 12/11/10 1:38 pm
I know what you mean. It's really hard. Once you get to goal everything seems so perfect but it seems as though it does not stay that way.

We are constantly readjusting here and there and trying to keep figuring things out so that we can stay the same size.

I love Good will for that reason.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

NanaDebby65
on 12/11/10 1:14 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Thanks for the responses! I definately watch my sodium intake because I've retained water for awhile. If I have a really high day I can almost guarantee a gain the next day. Thursday I had mexican food for lunch and dinner, that may be the culprit because the small jeans were super tight on Friday!! So I'm doing a weekend of low sodium (1475 today). Also limiting my carbs (51 today) by drinking 3 protein shakes (made with 1% milk-tomorrow will try 1/2 milk & 1/2 water). Also drank and extra 20 oz of water today, will also try this again tomorrw. Will see what happens with this routine over the next couple of days.

As for the clothes I do try to buy my clothes at resale shops and/or goodwill but now that I'm at goal I really want to get some "new" things. May just hold off until after the first of the year just to see where I'm at.

Really appreciate you guys!!

Debby
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134