VSG Maintenance Group

FAQ

sublimate
on 12/22/10 4:34 am - San Jose, CA

I've created a blog site that I can update for our FAQ as it is easier to maintain the FAQ on another site, and then just spread the link to the FAQ on our boards.  You can feel free to put the link below in your signature line. 

I will post the canned response below regularly, which provides and introduction to the FAQ off-site, and you can also repost the canned response with the link to the FAQ.  I plan to add to the FAQ as things come up so as you think of ideas for FAQ questions please let me know.

Canned response with link:

Welcome to the VSG board!  The veterans of this board want to share a few links with you that will answer common questions and get you started on the way!  We will add and update this list frequently, so if you see this re-posted, please check it again as there may be updates.

These links represent questions we see frequently and tend to have thorough responses to answer those questions in the thread.  If you read these messages, you’ll be much more knowledgeable about what you are likely to see during your VSG experience.

Veterans, if you would like to add to this list, please PM me.  Feel free to copy and paste this message and link to the FAQ elsewhere or send to others to help answer questions for new members.

FAQ:

http://vsgfaq.wordpress.com/

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Mini.me
on 12/22/10 6:04 am
This is a great starting point.  Wish I would have had this resource when I started out.  Would have saved a lot of searching old logs.  thanks for putting this together.

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

sublimate
on 12/22/10 7:14 am - San Jose, CA
Sure I'm glad to help.. let me know if you have any new ideas any time.

3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

diane S.
on 12/22/10 7:59 am
you are so great to do this. i have some hints that i have repeatedly given to people that i may pm to you since i am too computer illiterate to figure out how to put them into some kind of link. just some hints about making protein shakes more tolerable. what a great idea you have. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

MikeyMike
on 12/22/10 9:29 am - New York, NY
This looks very good.

I wonder...Is it possible to petition OH to make this a sticky post?

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

sassyscorpio
on 12/23/10 2:20 am
Looks great! It's a great idea. If I think of anything else, I 'll let you know.

Another one I can think of is what to pack to take to the hospital. It's the little things that are easy t o forget like chap stick.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

sublimate
on 12/23/10 11:18 am - San Jose, CA
Thanks guys.. I will add this when I am able.  I'm not sure how to get OH to add this as a sticky.  Anyone know where I would request this?

MikeyMike
on 12/24/10 9:14 am - New York, NY
I emailed to the technical support. Maybe if there were more requests it would carry more weight.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

MikeyMike
on 12/27/10 2:04 am - New York, NY
This is what I got back from OH technical suport:

------------------------------------

Problem Description

-------------------------------------

Problem Category: (Please choose one)

Comments/Questions: Is it possible to get the following posting as a sticky post on the VSG board. The veterns of the board would like to have this as a sticky posts as many newbies ask the same questions over and over:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4292824/VSG-Frequently -Asked-Questions-for-New-Members/

Solution

Hello Michael,

Thank you in your interest in doing a sticky post on the message boards.  Unfortunately due to a very large increase in requests for sticky posts about local events and support meetings we are unable to put sticky posts up that are not ObesityHelp announcements anymore.  We would encourage you to include a link in your signature line directing members to your profile for the information.

Sincerely,

ObesityHelp Staff              

Sincerely,

ObesityHelp Member Support Staff

[email protected]

Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

MacMadame
on 12/27/10 2:57 pm - Northern, CA
IOW, all they care about is prompting their own stuff.

All they have to do is give the owner of a group permission to make posts sticky and the problem would be solved.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights