VSG Maintenance Group

NSV

Still Fawn
on 4/4/11 4:43 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Hubby and I joined a gym today.. before we got the guided tour we had to fill out a form. One of the questions was why we wanted to join a gym.  While hubby was checking out the men's locker rooms the trainer lady looked at our form and said, "you want to lose 20 lbs?  From WHERE?".. That was my hubby's reason for joining- I put to deal with stress (there was no box for boredom, lmao), but it made me smile that the personal trainer didn't think I needed to lose weight! 

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 5:04 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
That is nice!  Do they have fun classes at your new gym?  Maybe you could like Zumba if yall have it!

I wrote some folks around here asking about how much Crossfit was.  It was 150 a MONTH.  I sent them an email back saying, oh, well, that's a good quarter of my monthly grocery money, so no can do but I am glad yall are here.

Then dude writes me back and tells me how I will *never* get anywhere paying 40 bucks going to a gym, they are state of the art, blahblahbalh.  Fine. I was in the Vitamin Shoppe the other day, Crossfit dude is in there trying to get them to advertise for him, and he looks at me and says "like her, you come to crossfit right?  You look GREAT!  I snorted in his face and said, no. I lift at HOME.  For FREE. 

Ass. 

But is nice when the professionals dont see thru your thin self and see your chubbledy shadow!  :}

What kinda fun things are at yall's gym?
Still Fawn
on 4/4/11 5:29 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
They sounds kinda douchey to me, lol.  Our new gym is $75 a month, but that is for all of us.  They have water aerobics, a pool/sauna/hot tub, indoor track/ raquetball/ basketball courts, a women only section, cardio cimena, zumba and sh'abam, yoga, pilates, it goes on and on and on.. it seems like a great place. I get my first of two free personal training sessions next Tuesday and plan on going to a spin class tomorrow.. hoping somthing really sucks me in!

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 6:04 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I get that its a good program, but blasting everywhere else to shame/guilt someone into something that is out of their budget?  I do not respond well to that. Obviously !

Your gym sounds rocking! When I was training for walking the marathon, the cardio cinema thing came in handy on long training days when it was raining outside!

I have to look up sh'abam!  is that shoulders, abs, butts and mammaries?  Ha

That is a great price for all of yall!  Especially with that much stuff going on!
MikeyMike
on 4/4/11 7:51 am - New York, NY
I love spin...keeps me motivated to go back to the gym.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

MacMadame
on 4/4/11 7:56 am - Northern, CA
Around here my gym and the Crossfit gym are the same per month. But my gym has a dedicated lap pool. That I haven't used in 6 months. 

I do Crossfit through my coach and at home. With my coach, we meet in parks. It's fun that way. His "box" is a good one though and I would use it if I didn't need the pool for backup and also if it was convenient to me.

I'm slowly building up my home gym though. I have a medicine ball, a stability ball, a bunch of hand weights and a kettebell. I asked for Olympic lifting type equipment for a combination of Mother's Day / Our Anniversary.

Because I'm crazy like that.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 8:39 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
HOnestly I expect stuff to have a different price tag out in CAli than here in Georgia, especially where I live where there are tons of airline folks laid off among other folks, its just still crazy depressed here and they are asking prices that are, well - more downtown Atlantda demographic prices than here! 

*chuckle* I ask for weights and things for anniversary stuff too!

Freaks!
diane S.
on 4/4/11 10:23 am
Well of course you don't need to lose 20 lbs!!!! nice that somebody noticed!. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Still Fawn
on 4/4/11 12:34 pm - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I was secretly afraid they would think I did need to lose weight.. or say something that would equally crush me.. but so far, so good.. lol

Melissa K.
on 4/4/11 11:21 am
 love the new pic by the way.