VSG Maintenance Group

weight loss

changeiscomingsoon
on 5/12/11 1:03 pm
It dawned on me that I wanted to find out what percent of weight I have lost.....70%...YAAAAAAAAAY!
I thought that was kind of kool. I am hanging at the same spot on the scale these days but that's ok. I am hitting the gym in the a.m.
I am so happy with my weight, inches and clothes size......or rather the lack there of :).
This is and is going to be a fabulous spring/summer.
Rock on Sleevers!

sleeve genie
on 5/12/11 3:16 pm - Alhambra, CA
That's great,  i'm not sure what percenage i've lost but am thankful that i have lost it.  you are doing really well.  good job you    I hang out a lot too :o( but i agree its wonderful  and this is gonna be a very different spring/summer for me.   I'm venturing out again   wish me luck  enjoy   we deserve this  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

debibridev
on 5/12/11 11:57 pm
I really suck at math so can you tell me my percentage? I started at 235 and now weigh 130! Thanks

sam1am
on 5/13/11 12:31 am, edited 5/13/11 12:32 am
44.6%, you're almost half what you started at!  Lost 105 of 235   105/ 235 = 44.6 % of your original body is gone.

You could also look at it as if you wanted to lost 105 and have lost 105, that you have lost 100% of what you wanted to lose.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

debibridev
on 5/13/11 3:32 am
Thanks for the info, and the math lesson!!!

CJCC55
on 5/14/11 11:55 pm - Cleveland, TN
changeisgonnacome,
I believe it is more than you think it is....
If you have lost 85 lb of the 100 lb you want to lose, you have lost 85% of your excess body weight.
And if you are figuring your percent of total body weight lost, you have lost 32% of your original body.
GREAT JOB!!!! AND HAVE A TERRIFIC Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter,etc,etc,etc..... A terrific new life!!!

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

changeiscomingsoon
on 5/15/11 12:30 am
Thanks so much for your response. My overall goal is more and that is what I used to calculate my percent. I set 100 lbs for my initial goal....wondering if I will make it but I am still happy with where I am....but am still working toward that goal right now.
Thanks for your support. It really means alot to come here and be able to put it all out there when I need to.
Rock on Sleevers!

CJCC55
on 5/15/11 1:13 am - Cleveland, TN
Yes, you are doing a fantastic job!!
Also thanks for all your insights shared on your "story".
They are very helpful. I have a niece, contemplating the Mexico
trip, and it is helpful to have the experiences related by those who went.
I did not brave the trip, but I am older too, and just did not feel sure enough about it.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.