VSG Maintenance Group

a bummer nsv

diane S.
on 5/28/11 8:50 am
I am traveling today and shopped outlet malls which i don't get to do often as I live in a rural area. So went to Chico's and found the cuteste denim jacket that i really wanted. A complete stranger said to me "thats really cute on you but its too big - get a size one". Now i know they have a weird size system but I have never needed anything that small. The bummer is that they didnt have it in the size for me. Oh well. saved some money and didn't need it anyway. Was nice to do quite a bit of shopping and find nearly everything too big. Used to be the opposite problem!!!!!

And the Great Dog Chippy was robbed today at the dog show and defeated by a very ugly unworthy beast. So I am back at the motel drinking wine.
diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Birdie55
on 5/28/11 9:10 am
Chico's does have a website; maybe you can find the right size on it. Sorry about Chippy

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 5/28/11 10:07 am
I love some of chico's clothing but their sizing is dumb ass.  they have a lot of drapey, flowing stuff that I wish I'd have found back when I was large.

their pants don't find me right, no matter what.

their fabrics tend to feel sensational, that's for sure. same wih J Jill.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

ThinLizzy
on 5/28/11 10:37 am - Benicia, CA
I love Chico's too and used to find stuff there when I was heavy...doesn't seem to fit as well now. Now I love the Ann Taylor outlet!

GRRRRR at the unworthy beast. GD Chippy will take the next one...

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/11 2:59 pm
I am sorry about the Great Dog Chippy being robbed and I can empathize about the clothes.  Nothing much fits me at Chico's anymore.  I can only shop for Petite 0 now or else settle for children's clothes.  I want to know where really small people shop.  I never thought I would have this problem.  I hope the wine is good.
MacMadame
on 5/28/11 7:11 pm - Northern, CA
I discovered Chicos when I was losing. My mom sent me her "fat" clothes -- whi*****lude a bunch of Chicos size 3s. I enjoyed them while I could but now I'm a size 2 and I think their size 1 is the same as a size 4 so I'm SOL.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

moparmemaw
on 5/29/11 5:14 am - IA
Oh Diane you are so funny.  I'm sure that ugly beast didn't deserve it.  Probably paid someone some under the table food to win the prize.
Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

diane S.
on 5/30/11 3:47 am
Well the ugly beast won again sunday and we were first runner up again. rats. really think that creature was unworthy. oh well. even had my friend show my dog as she is a much better handler than me. Her female won best of breed over the offending ugly beast. yay. that part was good. had a good time, ate lots of seared ahi dishes that i don't normally get, probably too many almonds all weekend, didn't track due to logistics, and am up a pound. oh well, back to reality today.   still love my adorable dog even if he didn't win.   Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/