VSG Maintenance Group

2-Yr Surgiversary

VickyO
on 8/11/11 4:38 am - Riverside, CA
Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 years since my VSG.  My life is so different today and seems to get better and better every day and in every way.  The biggest change for me the last year has been sobriety.  My weight goes up and down depending on what I eat.....Duh!!  I haven't weighed in awhile but can tell I gained some by the way some of my clothes fit.  I actually told someone I like the extra weight cuz my body isn't so flabby and I do.  I'm getting used to my body still.  My head still likes to play "fat games" with me.  Gotta watch that "head", cuz it'll mess me up.  I try and stay positive.  I'm working my spiritual connection with a power greater than me.  I don't go on this board like I used to and I think of many of you often.  I occasionally hit a support group and am thinking about going back to OA to check things out.  Not sure how they feel about WLS,  see that's my head again.  I thank God for VSG and my new life.  It's not easy and you don't realize that until after surgery.  My surgery was on 8/3/2009, by Dr. Kim at Kaiser West LA.  I'm grateful, so so grateful.  My top weight was 305.  Today......I'm not sure what I weigh.  I love this picture of my fiancé and I taken this year. 
Love you guys

Still Fawn
on 8/11/11 5:08 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Hi darlin! Happy surgiversary, and it is great to see you again!

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

VickyO
on 8/11/11 9:03 am - Riverside, CA
Thanks Fawn.  I know when I pop in now and then it's always good to see your smiling face....and "WOW", your new avatar.....love it!

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/11/11 9:39 am
 Hi Vicky!!   

I would agree that the head games are the hardest part. nice to see you back!  

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

moparmemaw
on 8/11/11 10:32 pm - IA
Hi Vicky!  So happy to see you back and life is good for you!  Keep in touch.  We love you and  your spirit! 

Oh, and about OA.  At this point, just go and not tell them about your WLS.  It's all about your head now, so no need to explain anything else.  If you think it will help YOU, then do it!
Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

dec721
on 8/12/11 12:24 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Congratulations on getting on with life!  And two years post-op is a great accomplishment.  Heartiest congratulations!!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

TammyGirl1
on 8/12/11 12:55 am - Oakley, CA
Congrats! I know how ya feel about head games so just stay positive and love love love your sleeve  'cause it works if we work it :-)
Take care
TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

diane S.
on 8/12/11 1:47 am
Nice post. It points out what this is really all about - improved quality of life. Keeping the weight off and keeping your head in the right place may be a lifelong process for many of us. But well worthe the effort. Stay in touch and congrats.  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 2:45 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
*squeeze*

its good to see your smiley face girlie!
summer24
on 8/12/11 2:51 am
Hey vicky! You have been missed!  I'm so happy that things are working out so well.  Good luck and continued success!