VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » When can I call my ...

When can I call my self in maintanance??

MS.LISA
on 8/29/11 3:33 am - Salem, OR
I have 2lbs to go till I hit my goal weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sooooo happy about this!
Just wondering what happens then? DO I eat more to stay at goal? Am I in maintanance now???
Not sure what to do or how to act after I hit goal.
Lisa

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/29/11 4:34 am
 Lisa, mostly I think people don't change anything. your body will settle where it wants to be, frequently people go a bit below where they will end up and then bob back up again....it is individual.

really I posted to say Hey, that is one cute little baby!

hugs
Jackie

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

MS.LISA
on 8/29/11 7:56 am - Salem, OR
Thank you Jackie, its my grand baby, now he is 10 mnths, I need to update his picture.
Do you know about when your body is done losing, I know its individual but like around about time, like a year or something, I just dont really know.
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/29/11 8:58 am
 you just have to wait and see - don't buy too many clothes until you are sure!!  

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Birdie55
on 8/30/11 12:32 am
I'm one lb from goal and my doctor told me to go into maintenance.  He said to weigh daily and do not vary more than 3 or 4 lbs.  If I did, to start back on program (70 grams protein, 40 or less carbs)  until I am back down.  

I'd still like to lose a few more lbs so I'm really watching what I eat.  

Some of the veterans will add 100 calories at a time to their intake and watch to see how their bodies react.  And they go from there.  I'm not tracking that carefully, so I'm just eating as I have been for the last 6 months but adding a little snacking here and there.  I can tell you I'm very careful now....I'm worried that I'll start gaining.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

katier825
on 9/6/11 3:16 am
I reached my goal of 140 at the beginning of June. I have since dropped a few more pounds, but try to stay around 135. I've had to increase my calories to 1500-1600 and carbs around 100-120 in order to stay in the 134-135 range. Today I was 133. I really need to eat a little more to keep my weight at that range. It's trial and error. Add 100-200 more for a week and see what happens. It's strange to get your mind to stop and reverse direction when you get to goal. I almost felt guilty eating more!
wert
on 9/6/11 8:27 am - MN
My surgeon won't set goal weights - he says we stop when we're ready. That said, I set my own goal and am currently 6 pounds below it. I suspect I'll drop to about 120 before all is said and done. I feel good and must look OK, too. Someone at work the other day said I looked "fresh". I'd like to stop losing but I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing for a while and see where it gets me. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque