VSG Maintenance Group

"Ok, and so that is why you added more milk?"

Maintaining Cindy
on 8/31/11 1:54 am
Conversation between Hubby and I this morning, breafast was rolled oats, raisins and milk:

Cindy:  "I think that may be too much for me" 
Barry:  "Ok, and that is why you added MORE milk?" (said with a chuckle)
Cindy:  "By adding more milk it makes it like a slider food and I can eat more"
Barry:  "Ahhh one of the tricks you have learned..."

OMG can you beleive that conversation, I had no idea I was doing that.  I use a cup to measure and eat my oats each day, today hubby gave me more than usual by mistake. 

BTW, I still could not fini**** and gave him a huge spoonful and the pups a bit extra.

I wonder if I am doing other things like the above, I was not conciously aware I was doing it, I could hardly beleive what I said after I thought about it.

Just be aware,

Cindy

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 2:06 am
Cindy, thank you for this post.  It really is true, over time we learn to eat around our sleeve and it takes mindfull eating to not do that.  I wonder if we should come up with a list of things we all do to out eat our sleeves so that we can be on the lookout for these behaviors.  What do you think?  Do you think this type of a list would be helpful or would it inspire someone to use it for the opposite reason?  Just thinking out loud here.
Maintaining Cindy
on 8/31/11 3:51 am
Hi Elina,

If someone had asked me I would have said I did not do this.  I could hardly beleive my ears.  I will need to be aware and see if I do it in other areas.

Actually I know a couple of other things that I AM aware of:
-  I will skip a dinner meal on occassion and eat just junk, chips, cookies, chocolate and diet coke, that is the only way I can have a good binge.
-  I also drink with my take out meals at least once a week.

That's all I can think of right now.

I think your idea of a list is a good one, I was not even aware I was doing the milk thing, maybe other things will come up and I will find out I am doing them also.  Small adjustments could make all of the difference to our maintenance.

I am going to try less milk tommorow and see how much I can eat.

Hugs,

Cindy

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 3:02 am, edited 8/31/11 3:03 am
OMGosh, I hate when husbands are smart!!!  He actually figured out what you meant, then called you out on it.  My husband does this as well. 

I remember a few posts like this in the past.  With people telling things that they have done to eat around their sleeve.  One in particular that I remember was someone saying is that if they drink a little wine before a meal, it relaxes their sleeve and they could eat a little more.  They practiced this when going out to dinner, so they could get their money's worth and max enjoyment.  Granted, this is a person who is in maint and doing fabulous.  She only did this on occasion.

However, she was was conciously aware of what she is doing.  I'll bet it really freaked you out/stunned  when you realized that you were  eating around your sleeve subconciously. 

What an incredible eye opener and learning experience!  ((((hugs))))
Maintaining Cindy
on 8/31/11 3:55 am
Hi Trish,

My hubby is so wonderful, he never hounds me about anything.  But he does make me aware in a way that does not make me angry...  lol

I recall that wine post also...

I know why I have gained weight, I know what I am doing wrong, I am so aware of how to fix it.  BUT it was an eye opener today to hear I am doing somethings that I am not aware of.  Wow...  time to take notice of these things...

I so look forward to being back on track and feeling better mentally... this is such a drag.  AND on top of it I have no clue how much I weigh...  I so look forward to my new scales coming in....  sigh...

Big hugs to you my dear I hope you have a phenominal day!

Cindy

Jp2lose
on 8/31/11 5:10 am - Omaha, NE
OK, here's one I've done on occasion. Eating instead of drinking.

There have been times that I know I'm thirsty, but I really want to eat! I've passed on the liquids and gone for the food. So far this hasn't hurt me, but I have a sneaky feeling this could catch up to me when I'm farther out!

Jen

Maintaining Cindy
on 8/31/11 5:39 am
Ok we will add it to this list....  and I can relate...

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 5:54 am
OMGosh...I'm guilty of this one.  My sister is the one who called me out.  She told me I was "thungry" meaning I was really thirsty, not hungry, but eating instead..........I have fixed it.   I was not doing it on purpose, but none the less, it was sabotaging my efforts!
Ms Shell
on 8/31/11 5:32 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hey darlin...weclome back.

I can perfectly TIME eating to allow me to eat for longer periods thus allowing more food =(

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Maintaining Cindy
on 8/31/11 5:41 am
Hey Beautiful,

I am only kinda back :)  All messed up in the head :)

I know what you mean by this also. 

-  I will even slow down so I can eat more. 
-  I sometimes will wait a bit and then continue eating. 
-  Or have dessert later, even when I am not hungry at all.

These are all when I am off plan and don't give a poop about anything...

Hugs,

Cindy