VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Out of the 220s and...

Out of the 220s and century club, here I come! XPOST

biologygrrrl
on 9/21/11 9:45 am, edited 9/21/11 10:20 am - Rhinelander, WI
After weighing in at 229 back in March, I finally kicked the horrible 220s about a month ago and have been steadily losing again ever since. Thanks goes out to Frisco for his words of wisdom, I am back averaging 1-2 pounds a week again. Monday I weighed in at 215, 90 pounds down!

The last time I weighed 215 was back in 2003 after doing the Atkins diet for 6 months or so. I remember craving tomatoes LOL. The funny thing I noticed is that I wear about a size larger in jeans now than I did at that point due to my lovely tummy flab.

My twins turned 5 yesterday. I weighed 240 when I got pregnant and was over 300 pounds when I delivered them. They have never known a mom who weighed under 240. I spent the first 4 years of their life fat and in pain, unable to play with them unless it meant sitting at a table. Now I can sit on the floor with them, and the other day they chased me around the kitchen island laughing hysterically. After about 5 minutes of this I wasn't even winded! My knees and back don't hurt like they used to, either. This summer I took them to the beach and wasn't mortified on their behalf at being seen in a swimsuit. All in all, I feel like a much better mom.

All that said, I still have a long way to go. I hope to be under 200 by the new year, and I want to be down to 150 by January 2013. Maybe it's just mental, but it seems to have gotten a lot easier once I got out of the 220s. Thank you all for being supportive even though I only post occasionally.

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

mini_me_ now
on 9/21/11 2:35 pm
congrats on getting out of the 220's,  im sure your twins just loved being able to chase you around and around... will look forward to your next update..
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

diane S.
on 9/21/11 3:23 pm
nice going! doesn't it feel great to be rid of that weight! I know you are going to get below 200 and beyond soon!  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

hmahler
on 9/21/11 8:33 pm - Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Believe it or not I weighed 420 when I had my twins, almost 8 years ago!  I know exactly what you mean. 

You'll be below 200 before you know if if you keep plugging away.  It feels great.

Check out my blog at
www.mahlersonsafari.blogspot.com   

Paula622
on 9/27/11 12:09 am
Way to go!  Slow and steady truly does win the race!  I can't wait to be back on the losing train after the baby comes! 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14