VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Oh, Yay! I figured ...

Oh, Yay! I figured out how to post pictures.

Nita G.
on 10/9/11 10:28 am

Here I am the night before surgery:

And here I am a year later, showing off my new boots!

I love boots. I'm so glad it's Autumn, and I can start wearing all the cool weather stuff I've been getting at the thrift store. The boots were a splurge, brand new, and I had to pay full price for them. Yikes! Now I gotta learn how to walk in them.

48 pounds lost prior to surgery

diane S.
on 10/9/11 11:06 am
Great pics. you look wonderful. get more boots!!!   Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Nita G.
on 10/11/11 10:24 am
 oh, yeah, I got blue suede cowboy boots, brown leather walking boots, snake skin cowboy boots, some black leather short (ankle) boots. Most of them came from garage sales or the second hand store. I always used to admire other women's shoes, but just wore waffle stompers or tennis shoes myself. Remember waffle stompers? Now they're called hiking boots. Now I'm branching out! I've gotta work on my balance though.
Nita

mini_me_ now
on 10/9/11 11:21 am
congrats, not only do you look fabulous but you look years younger as well...

I hear you on the boots.. i love boots and although i bought two pairs last year i want more lol... that and jackets...

but congrats again you really have rocked your sleeve..
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Nita G.
on 10/11/11 10:26 am
 Thanks! I pick up jackets at the thrift store, too. It's amazing what people get rid of. A lot of the stuff I get still has the tags on it. Why don't they just return it to the store they bought it from? It's good for me that they don't!
Nita

Southernsleever
on 10/9/11 11:32 am
 Wow you look fantastic! When I showed your before/after pic to hubby he even said WOAH! lol :)

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

Nita G.
on 10/11/11 10:28 am
 Thanks! You look pretty smokin' yourself! Isn't clothes shopping SO much better than it used to be?
Nita

shekicks
on 10/9/11 2:13 pm - Dallas, GA
 Boots, heck...show off that body!  You look great!  

Beverly

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

Nita G.
on 10/11/11 10:30 am
 Thank you Beverly. You can tell we're both adoring grandmas from the pictures we use as our avatars. Your ticker shows you've done pretty great yourself!
Nita

Mommy2Girls
on 10/9/11 11:14 pm
Holy hot mamma! You look amazing!

Um, I read new "boobs" which well, ya know lots of people go for plastics...then scrolled down and wen't "oh, she said boots"
-8lbs lost during the 6 month insurance hoop jumping,
the rest is since surgery.