VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, September 2...

Friday, September 27, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/27/19 4:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning tribe! As usual I was up by 6:30 to attend to DH (that's one thing I won't miss), but I did sleep pretty well the last couple of nights.

Justice and I took a long walk along the ocean and in the pretty neighborhoods near it yesterday. It was a gorgeous sunny, warm, breezy day. DH can't sustain a really long walk so Justice and I walked until I needed a bathroom break (he took his along the way of course). I hope all Ferg needs is some tweaks in medication. We do love them don't we?

SIL with lung cancer has had some residual fluid in her lungs and swelling in her ankles. She is on a medication which has previously caused ankle swelling but with her recent events, her oncologist ordered an echocardiogram (like Ferg) to make sure there was no fluid around her heart and it turned out fine - yeah! DH is at daycare today so I will probably do something with my two SILs (the other one is visiting for the next week).

Have a full Friday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeapSecond
on 9/27/19 10:28 am - AR

We have been getting some much needed rain over the last 5 days. Cooling things off. It is supposed to be the hottest it has been in 50 years next week. If you don t like the weather here just wait a couple of days.

Straightened up the driveway again yesterday. I can drive the tractor for about 30 min. My walk around the driveway loop was easier this morning. I think I am doing about a quarter mile.

Microwave kept throwing the breaker. So I ordered one from Amazon. New one arrived in a box big enough to put 2 in. I also ordered a box of fig bars. About half of them were smashed by the microwave that was packaged poorly. The microwave is working.

Peace, david

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

CC C.
on 9/27/19 11:52 am

Sitting in the vet hospital waiting on Ferg's tests. He was such a good boy on the drive here and with the techs!

So other than seeing the highways of middle Michigan and listening to history podcasts on Blackbeard and an African emperor that was surprisingly interesting, I have done nothing but sit today. Will update with any news when I get it.

Peps
on 9/27/19 12:44 pm

Fingers crossed for Ferg! I, too, have a long drive to the vet today, but at least my trip is optional! Please let me/us know the outcome of the tests.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/27/19 12:59 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Ferg is so sweet. I hope you hear hopeful news.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ShirlAus
on 9/27/19 3:09 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Thinking of you & your beautiful boy x

ShirlAus
on 9/27/19 3:14 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Back in the hotel after a mornings exploring- done 11,500 steps already

Time to repack the cases then we head out again for last show & dinner. We leave for LA tommorrow

Liz- you are in my thoughts

Leap- Good to read you are healing well

Love to you all & enjoy your weekend x

S

diane S.
on 9/27/19 5:29 pm

Greetings All

Not much thought given to weight and eating today. But maybe that's good - not being obsessed. Main thing was to get half and half.

Cecily hoping for good things for Fergie. Dogs are so important. Our Tesla was eating something on the carpet - a long dead and dried out tiny frog! We have these tiny and adorable pacific tree frogs. Guess it's protein. Tesla has not been eating well and DH is fussing fussing fussing for her.

Junk clean out is underway. But it may be worse before better.

Gallery duty tomorrow and usual stuff.

Liz sorry your SIL is having a rough time but glad the heart is clear of fluid. You are lucky to have them.

My brother has started chemo for his rare heart disease. Its pretty rough. He can barely do a flight of stairs. Fortunately they may be able to change the nastiest of the medicines.

So much for my pleasantly dull life. Hope you are all having fun. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 9/27/19 7:29 pm

Funny how they'll eat gross stuff instead of dog food! They're so pleased with themselves for finding the gross stuff, they have to celebrate by eating it...

VSGAnn2014
on 9/28/19 4:32 am
VSG on 08/14/14

"Pleasantly dull life" ... like DD, I love that.

To my surprise, that's what I'm aiming for more these days. This morning in Morning Pages I made lists of stuff I want NOT to do, be or value anymore. And at the top of the list was "Busy!"

Could we possibly be getting a little smarter?

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.