VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, September 3...

Monday, September 30, 2019

LeapSecond
on 9/30/19 1:14 pm - AR

That yard looks like a lot of work.

I am glad for you too that your depression episode was short. That is always good.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

DiamondD
on 9/30/19 3:41 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Good to have you with us again. You've been missed.

VSGAnn2014
on 9/30/19 7:14 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Liz, it's a big day for you and DH. I'll be thinking of you both a lot.

Coincidentally, I'm having lunch today with a friend whose husband died this year after suffering from Alzheimer's for many years. Like your husband, he was a successful professional (banker) and his was an early onset situation. And like you, she was his long-time caregiver. I'll tell about your day, so expect to receive both our very best wishes for you and Paul through the support ether.

Bad news here ... Saturday night at the benefit event I incurred a pretty bad boo-boo. I took a very bad fall on my butt, precipitated by a bad combo of dancing, an uneven floor, and whiskey. It's my own damn fault--the whiskey, I mean, because the world is not perfectly flat, and one must navigate that scene without busting one's butt.

And boy oh boy, yesterday (Sunday) was I in pain and sore where I wasn't in pain. I really worried about whether I could reasonably attempt to travel to France this coming weekend. Yesterday I napped most of the day and slept most of last night. Interestingly, my body was demanding every form of milk product (except ice cream, which isn't in the house) I could find--nonfat milk, cottage cheese, cheese (but not a whole lot). It was like my body was saying GIVE ME CALCIUM, YOU CLUMSY, DRUNKEN *****!

Anyway, things are much better this morning, thanks to my taking it so easy yesterday, taking a little Advil (only one pill every 8 hours -- I won't continue this much longer), gentle yoga stretching (especially forward folds) and gently repenting for my sins. I even spent an hour in the garden this morning watering, weeding, trimming bushes and weeding. (FYI, standing on your head to weed gives a pretty good lower back stretch!)

Today I'll see my doctor to find out if I've seriously injured myself. But given how much better I am this morning than 24 hours ago, I hope everything will work out OK for my France trip.

Jeez, they aren't kidding when they say old people cannot not risk a fall!

Hugs and kisses all around, since it's a Monday and since I could use some hugs and kisses over here, too.

Today's anti-drug anthem by Velvet Revolver: "Fall to Pieces." Ouch!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

VSGAnn2014
on 9/30/19 8:20 am
VSG on 08/14/14

P.S. Maintenance deets ....

Weight: 139.6
Protein and Carb Grams: ?
Sleep: LOTS!
Exercise: None (on purpose)
Water: Lots of milk, very little water

OK, I have a new pre-trip strategy. Y'all know how I usually go hog-wild when I am on vacation--falling straight off the count-everything-MFP wagon into a vat of dark chocolate, bread, cheese, risotto, and wine?

Well, this time, I'm going to focus during this pre-vacation week here at home on simply eating mindful, healthy meals, instead of measuring and counting every morsel that goes in my mouth. My goal is to ease into vacation eating that is healthy and portion-appropriate. In other words, I will eat like a healthy person--one bite at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time. And then continue that while I'm away from home.

After all, it's not like I don't "know how to eat" at this point.

I appreciate your support and your best wishes!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Miss150
on 9/30/19 8:51 am

Drunken buttfalls- ah, fond memories recalled (not). Good idea to see dr., but(t) since you are generally recuperating, hopefully all is a-right.

When I was - oh, maybe 8 or 9, while ice skating, I somehow fell to my knees and impaled my right buttock with the projecting heel part of the boot blade. Literally polled a hole in my ample bottom. How that blade got though my snow pants, I'll never know....

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

CC C.
on 9/30/19 8:37 am

Oh Ann! Butt falls can be so painful! As a teen I fell on the blacktop with a basketball in my hands, so I couldn't break my fall. For months, it really hurt to sit for any length of time or get myself up/down to/from sitting. Getting out of the car was the worst. I come from a "rub some dirt on it" family, so never went to the doctor, but I'm convinced I might have cracked my tailbone or at the very least had a bad bone bruise.

Here's hoping your pain goes away much more quickly!

DiamondD
on 9/30/19 3:46 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Argh, still paying for mine with hand therapy. My daughter fell hard on her butt (she missed a step going down a curving staircase). She did break her tailwind clean off, but tendons held in place until it grew back together. So good to get it checked out. She ordered a memory foam cushion with a cocxyl cut out and hauled it around various places to use like on an airplane. (She would squi**** into a backpack and take it anywhere she was going to sit for awhile).

CC C.
on 9/30/19 8:39 am

PSA in case any of you take Zantac: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7516163/CVS-suspends-sales-Zantac-brand-generic-heartburn-drug-safety-review.html

DiamondD
on 9/30/19 3:48 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

My response to this is to go stock up. Ratinidine works so well for me, it's the only thing I take besides vitamins every day.

LeapSecond
on 9/30/19 1:01 pm - AR

Liz, thinking of you both today.

Ann, so sorry about your fall. Whatever the cause the results are the same. Sending hugs your way.

Sleep was awful last night. Zombie dreams all night. The kind when the battle stops when you wake to get up to pee and the battle continues when you return to sleep. I do not like scary shows. I never watch or read them.

One of the problems living in the woods is the lack of internet access. We have satellite WiFi but it is so slow I have cussed it on multiple occasions. We have 10 days of poor internet for $60 / month. I never increased my plan because I could not tell a difference between when I had data and when I did not. Well it seems the provider with questionable reputation has recently throttled the service down to 0.05 mbps when I am out of data. If I increase my plan now it means adding a 2 year contract. I drove into town today to download some mower repair tutorials. How quickly internet access has become a necessity. It is our entertainment, our shopping, our news source access and social connection.

Adalyn is running a temp after getting the flu shot. She just feels bad. Again. Not abnormal to spike a fever with any vaccine.

Eating remains easily controlled. Weight is still trending a little lower.

I am 1 month post op on the new knee. Went to PT this morning. Worked on the mowers a little while.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)