VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, September 3...

Monday, September 30, 2019

diane S.
on 9/30/19 1:07 pm

Greetings Life Buddies

A quick drive by today as I have gallery duty several days this week including today. Makes me wonder why I do two galleries.

Liz we will all be thinking of you today all day long. This is the right thing and I am betting your stress will resolve some and you will sleep and eat better.

Lately I have been pigging out on sleep. I wake up at 6 or so and hit the potty then back to bed for a couple more hours. Unlike others, just because I am awake I feel no need to get up until the coffee drive is overwhelming.

Ouch Ann, butt drops are no fun. Rest up and feed the calcium beast. I laughed at the doctor the first time they asked me if I had fallen more than twice in the past year. No laughing anymore.

My suggestion: in France, eat like a French person. Small amounts of high quality food.

Food news: I just ate the world's worst veggie burger. It was like a wad of stale breadcrumbs laced with alfalfa and soaked in grease. Brand is Hillary's. Sucks.

Its sunny and cool here which is good for the gallery. I predict a slow day. Sometimes it feels like being in after school detention when it is dull. Toys required.

And yes, for those of you on the edge of your seats: I did go get coffee yesterday. First things first.

Later. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 9/30/19 3:36 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I just got home from work, followed by hand therapy, followed by groceries. It's 6:30 on the east coast so I'm thinking the biggest part of the day is behind you Liz. We're all still here supporting you tonight and the weeks to come. I can't begin to imagine all the feelings rumbling around and crashing into each other in your heart today.

Paula1965
on 9/30/19 8:39 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Late check in before getting some zzzzz's. Hope the move was uneventful Liz and that both you and Paul will have peace with the decision! As David says, more later

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

ShirlAus
on 9/30/19 9:04 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Popping in late for my last US (real time) check in. At the airport & all checked in. Flight leaves in a mere 3 hours!

Liz- I have been thinking of you all day and hope you felt all of our love as you moved DH into care.

Ann- Ouch!!!!!! Hope you havent done serious damage. Good to get checked out.

Cec- Not long now and you will be in our neck of the woods!

Paula- Great to hear from you

Miss150- Glad the depression is lifting and welcome back x You were missed

Diane O- great that you and DH are going Activities together

Diane S - good to see you are topping up on sleep- you have been on a huge rollercoaster the past little while. Much needed downtime no doubt

Leap- A month already. Hope PT goes well

DD- Hope hand therapy goes well. It can be super hard work! I remember from mine

Peps- Hope you had a good weekend and thank you again for the meet up x

Well lovely people our time in the States has come to an end. Have loved every minute of our many adventures, the beautiful people we have met, the honour of seeing some of your amazing country. We will take away many memories that will bring a huge smile to my face. May the Jetlag Monster be kind as we begin our trek home

Love to you all- Will post when I can once home x

S

Peps
on 9/30/19 9:05 pm

Liz, it's after 8 pm here, so I'm sure you have gone to bed and are hopefully fast asleep. Your day must have been emotionally and physically wrenching. I can't begin to imagine what you dealt with and felt all day. Huge hugs.

Ann, so sorry about the butt injury. I sympathize! I was thrown from my horse when I was 17 in a pretty nasty riding accident. (My standing horse was run into by another horse at a full gallop. He reared and bucked and I was turned in my saddle so I lost my seat.) I landed smack dab on my ****yx, looked up just in time to see my horse buck again, blocking my head with my hand. Got a nasty cut on my hand, but it saved my head! Anyhow, two days later I got back on my horse. Bad move! I ended up in the hospital with monumental muscle spasm and a fractured ****yx and partially ruptured discs. Riding again was just enough jiggle everything out of balance my body was trying so hard to hang onto after that fall. Glad you are having it checked out. Better play it safe. France will be there if you have to postpone.

I am off tomorrow night on a red eye to PA for the Montgomery weekend. Montgomery, as I'm sure I have told you, is the Mecca of all Terrier Shows. The only show that surpasses Montgomery is Crufts in the UK. Last year, Lucky beat a dog flown in from Japan for the weekend. (Okay, the dog beat Lucky two of the four days, but Lucky won the big show! LOL) This year Lucky's sister Dottie is going to compete. So is his sister Justice. I am hoping one of them brings it on comes home a winner!

Not sure how much I will be able to check once I'm on the road, but I will try my best.

I spent some time on state teacher's retirement system benefits calculator this weekend. I realized that I can retire a year earlier than I thought. I'd like to retire at 60, but that's just not in the cards. If I wait until I'm 61 I will qualify for an additional $500-600 per month. That to me is well worth another year in the classroom.

Congratulations on 1 month down, Leap! Sort of jealous that you are now lower in weight than I. My time will come. Hopefully, I will not require knee surgery, too! LOL! Keep up the good work.

Shirl, hope you have a smooth trip home. Again, I am so terribly happy to have met you in real life. Thank you for making sure we connected. I am forever grateful!

ShirlAus
on 9/30/19 9:09 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

It was a true pleasure Peps x

Till we meet again- which Im sure will be sooner than later

Have a wonderful trip & good luck

S