VSG Maintenance Group

10/06/19, Sunday

VSGAnn2014
on 10/6/19 2:02 pm, edited 10/6/19 7:03 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Had a magnificent day. I want to move to France immediately! But I usually feel that way about every place I visit.

The 2.5 hour bus ride to Strasbourg was so much fun, thanks to my seatmate who's a human rights lawyer with the Council of Europe. It was a rapid-pace orientation to the EU, Eukrainian and Russian issues, his fascination with "Friends" TV show, the Alsatian region, populism trends worldwide, and more. Then dinner at a wine bar and lively restaurant with wonderful wine, cheeses, charcuterie, gracious hospitality, and friendly French neighbourhood folks. Could not have been a better intro to the Alsace.

Plus my hotel upgraded my room reservation, AND it's in one of the most picturesque neighbourhoods I've ever seen, half a block from this.

Zzzzzzzzzz

P.S. I ate what I wanted but no more.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

DiamondD
on 10/6/19 2:41 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I just got back from shopping and adding some new pieces to my fall wardrobe. I had to size up on a couple of brands of pants that I like. No surprise, there's been regain, and even though I've remained the same weight for a year now, I'm pretty sure I managed the smaller size because they were stretched over time. And to this I say, oh well, so what. I love the things I bought, I feel pretty in them, and I'm not going to punish myself by wearing things that need to be replaced and refusing to buy new things until "I loss weight". I'm going to look great while losing, and then they'll be some nice stuff going to the consignment shop when I undergrow them. Still simultaneously working to be better while still thinking I'm hot s%$& feels awesome!

diane S.
on 10/6/19 5:34 pm

Greetings Merry Ones

Another lovely sunny day. Hard to believe that in a month it will be raining and crappy.

Liz so good to hear your reports on Paul and that he seems to be settling in. Good on you for taking Justice. I bet other residents want to play with him too. Thats what happened when my niece would bring my dog to my mom's place.

Well I made and executive decision today to throw out all my underpants. Getting a little tight. I can't imagine wanting second hand underpants but the thrift stores offer them. Or I may take them to the homeless project.

Speaking of the homeless, I take bananas to this outreach project most Saturdays. Church ladies make a hot lunch and people can sit down indoors and have a hot meal. I have chatted with some of the people and learned some things. Like more than one person who has their cane stolen as well as pretty much anything they have. One man told me about how he laid flooring for many years and now his knees and hips are bad. He had a cane for the moment. Made me sad that a person who was no stranger to hard work could end up destitute. And yet this guy is friendly and kind. And after I mentioned to another guy I was going home to watch football I cringed as I realized this man had no home much less a tv. So many of these people don't seem to know how to do what is in their own best interest - like staying current on the housing list.

Peps you are my dog show hero. Yay on Dottie's wins.

Ann you are my travel hero. Please raid the cheese cart for me.

Shirley you need to rest up after trip! Go girl.

Dave continue to heal and hope Adalyn gets better.

Later all.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/