on 10/20/19 6:04 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

1. Within Range: yes
  2. General Wellbeing: 8.5
  3. 10,000+ Steps: 7263
  4. Fitness: yard work, walking
  5. Self-Care: reading Get Serious & Dirty, Lazy Keto
  6. Fun: planting garlic, reading, dog park and cuddles with DA & DS

Still haven't made it to the Y. I have a powerful triad going on with Get Serious, Dirty, Lazy Keto and the Instant Pot ! Lots of intentions starting to formulate, but a plan of action is needed. I spent some of that planning time cuddling with Atlas and Sadie yesterday !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Miss150
on 10/20/19 6:54 am

Good Sunday wishes for all. Wow, two mornings in a row of renewed energy and initiative. Dressed for church and looking forward to a bit of spiritual and social interaction.

Diane, really like the doggie pillow look you have going on the sofa. Peace and comfort as you relax. Ahhhhhh.

On the scales after sometime- up a pound. Maybe the steroids- if so, could be worse. I hear those things can pile it on. Will be on them for a time undetermined so intend (as to say I have not to this point been) to watch what goes into the pie hole. Am wondering if this ongoing craving (and giving into) simple carbs has been my body's attempt to reenergize

Love the instapot for perfectly boiled eggs and as an incubator for yogurt. Also makes a wonderful squash and or sweet potato mash and soups. Has anyone tried bone broth in theirs?

Continued smiles your way.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

CC C.
on 10/20/19 10:23 am

You look so comfy, Diane!

I was up early this morning. The house is tidy, guest bed is made, a load of laundry done. Now I'm just left to tidy myself. Hard boiled eggs are in the IP.

I need to try to make sure I eat healthy when my friend is here. He's normally a very healthy eater, but I think still sees me as the friend who will indulge with him when he feels like it even all these years later. Or at best we still end up eating out a lot, which is inherently two or three times the calories of what I'd eat for a meal at home. Argh. Love my friends, but I don't love houseguests as it makes it so hard for me to control my environment.

Hope you all have a good day!

DiamondD
on 10/20/19 10:26 am, edited 10/20/19 3:37 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Love the picture with the snuggly dogs.

Today is get it together day. Laundry, meal prep, a bit of cleaning up the flower beds for the inevitable snow heading to us next month. It's a glorious day outside, but temp is going to nosedive again this week, so, carpe dieum it is.

I danced , as they say, like no one is watching, at friend's wedding last night. A bit stiff and sore this morning. As I told BFF this morning, our spirits are young, our spines, not so much. It was so fun. I've been to two weddings for gay friends. At both, there was such a beautiful energy of love and celebration. I think all of us invited to witness, straight and gay, feel gratitude to be able to participate in this ceremony, knowing full well our friends/family did not have this legal option just a short time ago. And both couples had religious services too. How beautiful to have an ordained minister (in this case Lutheran, cause, Minnesota, don't cha know), pray God's blessing. Love is love is love is love.

diane S.
on 10/20/19 12:25 pm

Greetings Sunday People

Ah yes, Sunday on the couch with dogs. Yay DianeO and all that get to do this. Thats me most evenings. Nothing better.

Finally weighed today. Down from doctor weight but higher than I would like.

The good news is I did the gym the past two days and probably will go today. All I do is go in the pool and water walk for awhile. In the water is the only time I am pain free. Then I sit in the jacuzzi. . Still figuring out the routine like how to get dressed without getting pants wet on the damp floor dodging screaming unsupervised kids, finding alternatives to crappy soap. etc. First world problems.

Hey Bonnie, good to have an energy day. We do what we can. Thats the message of another book "Women Rowing North" about aging. My bible.

Well off to do gallery tax work and misc. paper work. It never ends. The paperless society is a myth.

You midwesterners have beer cheese soup ever? I am going to make it for halloween. My west coast friends have not heard of it. Not healthy but so good.

Cheers all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Miss150
on 10/20/19 12:49 pm

Beer Cheese soup- oh, yes, please.

DiamondD
on 10/20/19 1:00 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

True, Beer Cheese Soup can pack a lot of calories and fat into it's creamy goodness if properly prepared :), but is a worthy indulgence from time to time. Another Midwest soup worth the calories: Cream of Wild Rice with ham. Oh yes! So good.

DiamondD
on 10/20/19 1:05 pm, edited 10/20/19 7:16 am
VSG on 06/13/12

I hate showering and dressing at the gym. I would probably just buy a warm pair of sweat pants and sweatshirt, take off my swim suit, dry minimally, slip on sweats, sans undergarments, and drive home to shower, praying I don't get in any car accident while my boobs were untethered. But that's me...And how much I hate trying to twist my bra on while I am still somehow a tiny bit damp in a locker room.

Edited to add: when I used the YMCA, I would sometimes use one of the handicapped/family rooms, if I was showering there, and certainly whiten I had my kids with, especially my son, who was way too young to be alone, but was tall for his age. Ours were a private room, with a door you could lock, a sink, toilet and shower. I was obese at the time, with a knee prone to suddenly letting go. I deemed myself a fall risk, and didn't feel one bit guilty about using one of the rooms. The floors in there were always drier and cleaner.

diane S.
on 10/20/19 5:05 pm

Hey DD

I sure hear you on hating dressing in locker room. My pants got wet from the floor the other day and I can't balance well to put them on without dragging around. Ditto on the bra twisting. You just never get dry enough.

This new gym has several family dressing rooms so maybe I will use those and plead "dangerous old lady". I also need new aqua socks and am thinking of buying some kind of moo moo to wear home.

As to the beer cheese soup, I so remember restaurants in the midwest having it and I ate it all the time. Probably why I got so fat. If I make it at halloween I may cheat and use Velveta. DS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/20/19 3:40 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Love, love, love those pups!

I feel so out of the loop after just a few days! Great fundraising walk for our local phenomenal Alzheimer's support organization in Provincetown today! Perfect weather and lots of hugs.

And Friday, dinner with 30 friends from high school; Saturday am, breakfast with another childhood friend and neighbor growing up; Saturday mid-day, lunch with DD and several friends from our former hometown who she asked to come as a surprise. I feel overwhelmed with the love and support.

And I actually think I am morphing to better eating - not stuffing nearly as much crap in. So maybe I am turning a bit of a corner? Though I feel a little bit like a recent retiree and/or a recent widow all at the same time...

Thank you for being here!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!