VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday November 25,...

Monday November 25, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/25/19 3:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Can't wait to hear the final could for Ella's pups from Devon. They may have to sleep for two days to recover.

I became an early riser over the years because I commuted a long distance to work. But I do NOT like to talk to anyone for at least 2-3 hours after I arise. I used to get a lot of work done early and alone in the office (after my quiet drive in). Now I like to drink coffee, read and not talk. When I have early rising guests who are talkative (my brother for instance), it really throws me off.

So early rising me is off to get my coffee, take Justice out for a quiet pee (isn't it nice that dogs can't talk). Late this morning we are going to Sarasota to the Ringling Art Museum and lunch out.

Have a marvelous Monday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 11/25/19 4:17 am, edited 11/24/19 8:17 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

My goodness! I'm away from home and actually chiming in! :)

Liz, sounds like Florida is really agreeing with you. I'm so glad!

Devon, congratulations! I hope that by now all the puppies have been delivered and Ella is doing well. I can't imagine how are doing at this point, given that you did as much work as Ella did! However it's playing out, very best wishes for everyone in your maternity ward.

This week I can't weigh and I won't be counting macronutrients, but I can report that Fitbit reported that last night I slept 6'18", which isn't terrible for sleeping in a strange bed. This morning I've been awake since just before 4:00 and, needless to say, no one else is up yet. The good news is that here they set up the coffee pot the night before, which means I'm already well caffeinated.

Unfortunately, all the chocolate here has NOT been hidden from me, and this morning I ate two bite-sized (wrapped) pieces. Not exactly a horror, and even a little win in that I haven't eaten 6 or 10 pieces, but I'm ready for breakfast!

More good news is that at 7:00 a.m. we're driving to a lovely big park to walk the dogs for several miles, which will get my blood going. And later in the day there's a second dog walk scheduled, which is another good thing.

BTW, I'm jonesing for a trip to a mall. Must be holiday fever! :)

All in all, I'm doing well on this Monday morning away from home. I hope that everyone else is doing well, wherever you are.

Thanksgiving hugs and kisses to all!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Miss150
on 11/25/19 6:31 am

What I love about shopping in strange and different places is, well, all the strange and different sights to be seen in common shops- I hope "mall" there doesn't translate the same as "mall" here.

I was going to post a pic of a sight I saw behind the glassed meat display at the local HEB in Laredo, but the sight is just as gruesome in pictures as it was then in real life. For those who aren't morning people, Google "goat heads in meat case"- guaranteed to perk you up immediately.

By the way, they are prepared by digging a deepish hole, filling it with mesquite, goat head on top, cover, stay up all night drinking Cerveza. In the morning, dig the head up, pull the meat off, slap it on a tortilla.....It is hands down the best meat I've ever eaten in my life, so there.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

CC C.
on 11/25/19 10:25 am

They sell those at Grand Central Market (open market place with dozens of stalls) in Los Angeles. One day at work, a bunch of us bought one and set it up on the counter at work where all food would go (we got stuff every day from vendors and if you share it, you don't have to declare it). Gruesome is right! But tasty.

DiamondD
on 11/25/19 6:04 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Well I have to say, I haven't seen anything like that in the sharing area of the lunchroom at work. Although today there was a package of divinity and a tin of sardines, leaving me with many unanswered questions.

CC C.
on 11/25/19 6:07 pm

Haha!!

diane S.
on 11/25/19 11:46 am

Greetings Puppy Lovers

So 7 boys 3 girls. I am kind of glad there are not 12. Ten is plenty. Peps, get some rest. Hoping Ella can handle them all and you are not up all night supplementing.

Yeah Liz, I am with you on no one talking to (at) me for awhile in the morning. My DH is up earlier and he follows me around while I am stumbling for coffee and talks at me. Today its on solar and generators and other stuff. I tell him to just figure it out and do it. Guess I should be grateful for such a nerd DH

Enjoy Thanksgiving everyone. WE did our dinner yesterday with friends and it was wonderful. I ate enough to enjoy but did not get uncomfortable. A few bites of pumpkin pie and two chocolates from a box. Bit of turkey and veggies. No bread. I am resisting the "I should make a turkey" urge. But I think I will win. Pizza for Thanksgiving sounds lovely. Watch football and take the dogs to the beach.

Goats Head!!!!!! I remember being in college and being high and going to the grocery store at midnight and there were all these packages of pig's feet, pig ears, pig tails and pig snouts! Made for much giggling. But goat's head! I will believe you when you say its good. WE have friends who have a party every year and roast a goat and the party is "GoatFest". Its good to eat but I like lamb better.

Gallery duty today. A little tempest in a teapot is going on as one member is criticizing the treasurer (for no legitimate reason) so its amusing to see who lobs the next email grenade.

Kiln opens today and I am gonna check it out before gallery. Someone whose house was burned in the Paradise fire came in to the gallery the other day. She had some of my art and grabbed one piece as she left the house. Now she wants to get more of my stuff. Sweet to have a fan. I will probably give her stuff for free.

Beef pot pie from the health food store tonight. Then I want to watch this tv show called "Explained" that is a variety of weird topics. We watched a horror movie last night called "US" that was truly terrible.

Thats it for now. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ShirlAus
on 11/25/19 12:47 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Flew back in from Brisbane late last night. Had a nice time up there with DH. The weather was great - warm and sunny. On Saturday we left the apartment at 5.15am to drive 2 hours to Eumundi markets as it gets very busy. Then onto Noosa beach for a paddle in the water then Yandina to the Ginger and Nut factorys. Then Montville which is a lovely craft town and finished with Maleny which again is a foodie/craft down up in the Hinterland. It was a great day out - lots of driving but we saw and did so much. Sunday was a quieter day - breakfast out and then a wander through the op shops before coming home to nap and chill. Had DH's workmate over for dinner - the apartment is very sparse in its kitchen utensils so he had to bring the frypan ! But we made a cheese and nibble platter followed by homemade burgers and salad then fresh fruit and yoghurt for dessert. All taken out on the 11th floor deck - was really nice

I am already working then popping over to visit DSS, his partner and the boys then will pop over to see DSD and her partner before heading home again. I am driving to the farm tommorrow night after work with the puppies. DH flys home Friday for his Christmas party luncheon then will catch the train up to the farm- The well goes in this weekend so fingers crossed it is without glitches.

Peps - Puppies - what a wonderful 24 hours. Well done to all and I cant wait to see some pictures x

Liz - I am your worst nightmare :) Im a total morning person - wake raring to go - Evenings however are a totally different matter

Ann - Enjoy visiting :) And good to hear from you. Not long now till you leave for your wonderful trip

Diane S - Hope gallery duty today is without venom. The Beef Pot Pie sounds delicious. I must get some meals in the freezer. DS has been chowing thru them all

Diane O - Love you and DC - I hope you are both feeling much better soon

Miss150 - Dentist work is my worst nightmare. I hope its over for you soon

Leap - How is the knee going?

BB - Loved see the christening pictures - just beautiful

Well I best go and play catch up around this place while Im working. Will try and pop back later

Love to you all

S

Peps
on 11/25/19 3:26 pm

Wonderful side effect of whelping a litter that took more than 24 hours from start to finish (27 hours plus to be specific!) is losing weight quickly. Got on the scale this morning and was down 4 pounds. Haha. It's not real, but it made my heart sing.

We have 10 healthy pups here. Ella is recovering, but not doing great yet. She is incredibly sore and has trouble lifting her back end up from a lying position. Once she's up, she can motor about and is able to do her business. I think her calcium is a bit low, so I'm supplementing. (She has the shakes and a bit of a temp. Both are signs of lowering calcium.)

FYI - final count 7 boys, 3 girls.

I did get about 2 hours of sleep last night and took two 15 minute power naps this morning while Ella was on the uterine monitor. Once all was said and done I slept from 10:30 - 1:15 this afternoon.

My midwifery skills have improved with this whelping. I had to manually help 2 of the pups. #2 puppy was hung up and holding up the pipeline. Got her unstuck and then Ella had 4 more pups in fairly quick succession. Then it was super slow going. There were 10 hours between pup #9 and #10. I did an exam at 6:15 this morning and wasn't able to feel the pup, so I "feathered" her to see if she could push him up into the canal and she did, so I went for broke and kept going with the feathering until she pushed that little one all the way out. Then we were done! YAY!

My brain is still a bit mushy... so I will stop rambling now. I need food and sleep. In David's words, "More later".

CC C.
on 11/25/19 3:33 pm

Congratulations Peps and Ella!