VSG Maintenance Group

04/12/2020 EASTER

diane S.
on 4/12/20 12:54 pm

Greetings My Bunnies

Love all the easter traditions. We didn't do much when I was a kid except baskets and dinner and egg hunts. Guess thats quite a bit. Not much church. One year our dog found the hidden easter baskets and ate them. Another year my brother put easter eggs in the mail box at my grand parents. They were not found for many days. I remember my friends getting Easter dresses and I demanded one. Did not occur to my parents to get me one as we didn't do much church. So I got an ugly pink fat girl dress. But I so loved the candy and biting the heads off easter bunnies. And I got an easter chicken toy that laid eggs which is still an art inspiration today.

We dug into the 50 pound tin of enchiladas from Costco last night. Quite good. They are made with the leftover chicken they have so lots of chicken indeed. It will be lunch today, tomorrow and on and on.

Its a beautiful clear day here. I feel sorry for the little kids that can't go to the usual Easter egg hunt at the shopping center. People are putting up egg cut outs in their windows so kids can go by and spot them. I cut out a large silhouette of a bunny with a heart in it from a grocery bag and put it up. Hope someone sees it. It will probably stay there until Halloween.

How many days is this in California shut down? Getting close to 4 weeks I think. I got a lot of icky chores done like paying tax estimates and corporate fees for the galleries. Its icky because I have to locate all these id numbers and account numbers and figure out which ones work from my mess of papers. But its all done - only the sales tax left to do which is an easier one. I have love -hate relationship with computer. Love to play on it but hate trying to use it for a task.

Heart monitor gadget arrived yesterday. I will spend today figuring out what to do with it and start it tomorrow. Dr. ordered it due to the "spells" I had some weeks ago. I have only had one mild one since and I don't think its anything much. Also had an echocardiogram but no one has given me any results.

Hope all have a pleasant day. Sounds like good plans are underway. Take care. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 4/12/20 1:21 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Diane, your eggs in the mailbox reminds me of one of our egg hunt stories. My bil and sil put on such a fun Easter egg hunt the Saturday before Easter. It was an awesome tradition. Some boiled eggs, but mostly plastic eggs with candy. Fast forward one fine spring day, an awful smell permeates my minivan. Like dead animal awful smell. I search and search the car. Finally, a few days later, I see a plastic Easter egg on the floor, way in the back. I don't think much of it, because, plastic right, but I grab it to toss it out. Turns out the innocent egg is the source of the stench. One of my children found a boiled egg, peeled part of it, took a bite, packed it into a plastic egg and snapped it shut. So, how long does it take for a boiled egg, entombed in a plastic egg, to rot? Our little experiment says about 4.5 weeks. :)

diane S.
on 4/12/20 1:28 pm

LOL rotten egg!! My brother had put the eggs in an old fashioned mail box by their front door. But they didn't use that mail box because the door also had a mail slot and thats where things came in. So no one knew until the eau de rotten egg permeated. But in a car would be far worse!!!! DS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Miss150
on 4/12/20 1:43 pm

Back home at last. This is turning out to be a unique Easter (but then, whose else isn't?). Got up early to rain and cold and wind- serious cold front coming in later. I hope Diane's snow doesn't come with it, thank you very much. Made up Easter baskets and packed coconut bunny cake tails, gathered up dog, DH, umbrellas and went into town to drop off a basket for pastor- no church service..(all on line for the time being) but thought she needed some Easter cheer. Then to DS#1 for baskets, bunny tail delivering and visiting out of doors under the umbrellas--Same with DS#2 in next town over.

I love hearing all the Easter traditions. My favorite was decorating and coloring the Easter eggs. Each one in the family had his/her dozen each---all around the table together. total- 7 dozen hard boiled eggs. Lots of potato salads, deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches made with jars of mayo, sweet pickle and loaves of balloon bread.

It is 3:30 here and has just now turned very dark and about to get nasty. Time to turn lights on, steep some tea and curl up on the sofa with dog and DH for some TCM Easter movie fare.

Wishing all a Happy and joyous Easter!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

ShirlAus
on 4/12/20 6:46 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Happy Easter to you all - may you each find something to make you smile today

Easter Monday here. DH and I just went to Big W to get an exercise bike (last one) to help with my movement as Im behind were I should be. Hes just put it together and I cant do a circle yet but will go on it each hour till I can. This weeks goal.

I need to do a couple of hours work today as I wasnt great after Thursdays physio session and got more behind.

Dinner is leftover roast pork which will be delicious. I have taken out some stewed cherries so that will be desert. Washing is on and fireplace lit. Its a cosy happy house which is nice. DH will do more gardening out the back today (finding it better for all of us - if he has daily tasks. Need to stay sane somehow

I also want to make a plum cake to use up the plums. Will likely freeze portions. The freezer is overflowing at present. We could feed an army - very blessed

Love to you all

S