VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday April 25, ...

Saturday April 25, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/25/20 4:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 123, WW Bluepoints 34.

We watched Governor Baker's address in Massachusetts yesterday afternoon. What a good speaker. He inspires trust and is one of the reasons I think we will return home on May 14.

Today is laundry and riding around in Elmo day. Justice will get his first ride!

Nothing else on tap...

Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 4/25/20 7:53 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good morning. A ride in the golf cart sounds like a nice change of pace. Did you drive in the parade Friday evening?

DH finally has a weekend off. The weather looks decent. Probably a drive and a walk. A fire in our fire pit this evening. A soak in the hot tub. Being able to be outside is very helpful. It does feel like a weekend, because the work week took a lot out of me today. I'm going to try not to check my email until Sunday evening.

Hope to do a little more transplanting of some of my lilies and get a few other things in the ground that can take some chill. Still can't count on the temp staying above freezing at night, but we're getting there. I am no skilled gardener, I specialize in putting impatient bedding plants in pots. It all makes me happy.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/25/20 9:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

No parade last night due to rain.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 4/25/20 8:16 am

I normally don't sleep with the a/c on, but it was 88 when I went to bed! 66 now, but another hot day on tap.

Trying to get the hang of drops in Ferg's eye. I'm sure in a few days I'll be an expert, but between his squirming, my need for reading glasses that fall askew in the struggle, and trying to watch for tiny drops to fall actually on his eyeball from minuscule bottles, I'm not sure everything is getting where it needs to go! I need an extra pair of hands. Funny, my Dad has glaucoma and also had cataract surgery and I was there when he started getting drops in his eyes - his wife had to do it for him because he was to chicken and she had the same problems with him I have with Ferg! Dogs and dads...

They were out of regular diet coke at the market when I went (there was a sale and other addicts cleaned them out), so I bought Coke Zero. Ick. I got an Amazon Prime Now delivery of the good stuff this morning. The world has righted itself at least in this aspect. The rest remains chaos.

Liz, a well spoken, trust-inspiring leader in a crisis is a comfort, I agree! Much as I dislike Gov. Newsom on political grounds, I think he's done very well for us during all of this. Now if he would only stop saying "Meet the Moment" 25 times a speech.

Ooh, my doctors have started antibody testing and started with people who had been sick in the last several months and thought they might have had it, but weren't tested for covid at the time or who had jobs that exposed them to lots of sick people. (We had our first case confirmed in the county January 25th.) These are venous blood draw tests that go to a lab, not finger ***** tests. All 65 tests came back negative. This does not bode well for my cold being anything more than a cold! Nor for vast swaths of the county to have already been sick and done with this... sigh.

That's for I have right now. Happy whatever day of the week this is!

DiamondD
on 4/25/20 10:44 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Interesting test results. The random testing of 3000 people in NYC came back with almost 14% positive for antibodies! You'd think that out of 65 people who had some symptoms, they'd find a few positive for antibodies.

Hope the eye drops thing gets easier. It's probably somewhat comical if it wasn't so frustrating.

I've been waiting to find diet coke shortages. We buy 3 flats each time we go to Costco, 35 cans a flat. So far so good.

CC C.
on 4/25/20 10:50 am

I normally buy the Costco flats too, but our Costcos are still nuts so I am trying to avoid them! I may need to breakdown and go.

DiamondD
on 4/25/20 10:48 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Speaking of diet coke, I've been trying to find other ways to get liquids besides guzzling pop. I bought a HUGE bag of limes from Costco. I squeeze half a lime into my 24 ounce water bottle. Add ice, some sweetener, and I have a very refreshing, fresh limeade. And lots of vitamin C. I'm trying to limit diet coke to 2 cans a day.

diane S.
on 4/25/20 1:29 pm

Greetings Insiders

I see people I don't recognize walking and riding bikes up and down the street. Cabin fever is now epidemic. I am going to venture out later because we are out of ketchup and low on peanut butter. Maybe get more Skinny Pop.It seems like a Sunday but its only Saturday.

I was thinking about the old days when soda came in bottles and you had to haul them back to the store. This was a big deal when I was in college and had no car. There were no flats of cans of pop. Hard to imagine a diet coke shortage but there it is.

My little violas are doing well in their pots. They have turned their little faces toward the sunlight. What a small world we live in right now.

Our county is working on some program where businesses could get some kind of certification that they follow safe medical practices. I think our galleries could do this as it would not be too hard to disinfect surfaces and keep distanced. The county is also getting a mobile covid testing center in a week or two. Not sure how they decide who to test - symptoms I guess. Getting a certain percentage of people tested with desired results is part of the governors plan to time reopening.

Meatloaf was good except for said ketchup shortage. More tonight.

We are watching Agatha Raisin a lot. A bit of fluff.

More washing to be done like bath mats and stuff that is not done as frequently as needed. Ditto my hair - one more trash bag fashion show.

Liz driving around in the golf cart sounds fun. go for it.

Cecily so sorry Fergie's eyes are such a problem. Drops are no fun for dogs. Hopefully he will feel better.

Thats the news here. Not much of it. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 4/25/20 1:41 pm

I LOVE Agatha Raisin! I've also read all the books. Such good fluff. Don't miss Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death. It's not categorized with the seasons. It was the first and is listed in AcornTV as a stand alone show.

diane S.
on 4/25/20 2:09 pm

Yep we are Agatha fans. I read a couple of the books. And I think we saw the quiche show - were she enters the contest with a store bought quiche? We are in season two now. Hmmm quiche sounds good. DS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/