VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, October 10...

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/10/23 4:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Up at 5:30 this morning. I have been having problems sleeping beyond about 3 or 4 lately. Much different from my usual insomnia when I can't fall asleep but once I do I'm fine.

I am worried about Justice today. He wouldn't eat last night or this morning and seems a bit listless. He actually laid down on his short walk last night. He feels a little warm to me as well. We shall see if he wants to walk thus morning. He hasn't had any food changes or access to human food so I think this must be something he caught from another dog. There are many here and even if he doesn't have direct contact he may be sniffing where a sick dog has been. Very worrisome.

Today the plan is to walk (however far Justice will go), paint DH's old hope chest, and meet with the Boat Club people. Maybe some errands as well including getting some ingredients for some healthy meals (WW recipes).

Have a thought-provoking Tuesday!

CC C.
on 10/10/23 12:40 pm

I got my neighbor out on a walk this morning. She walks slowly because she has heart problems and gets winded on hills, but it was nice to be outside on a beautiful morning and chat with a fun person. She is a glass artist and wants to make me something for my many lit kitchen cabinets, so we ended at her house looking at glass colors.

Amazon prime day is today and tomorrow, so I went through my puppy wishlist and bought the things that are on sale this morning.

I might go to the car wash today or the plant nursery. Not sure. Typing them out I am not getting "that's gonna happen" vibes coming off my fingers or from my soul ...

I have been so upse****ching the news out of Israel and even more upse****ching the horrific anti-semitism coming after. Did we learned nothing from the Holocaust? What monsters could dance and cheer on beheading babies while yelling "gas the Jews?" Have we lost all humanity? Sorry for the depressing subject, but I feel like Jewish people need our vocal support given what they are up against in Israel and around the world including here.

Okay, I need to go find something productive to do. Take care all. Good thoughts for Justice! Does he need a vet visit?

DiamondD
on 10/10/23 2:35 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I love glass art! A piece made by a friend, what a treasure.

I agree, the situation facing Israel, and the Jewish people worldwide is unfathomable. Such horror and barbarism perpetrated against a group of people who have done nothing to deserve it.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/11/23 1:10 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Great neighbor to have especially since she is a fun person AND an artist.

I can'****ch some of that news. It just horrifies me.

DiamondD
on 10/10/23 2:48 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I hope Justice is okay! Does sound concerning... Get better little guy.

DH is at the Twins game, so won't be home for awhile. Dinner is Wendy's chili.

Doing my best at work to focus on the things I can control, and shrugging off crazy stuff supervisors say to me. You want me to focus on arcane paperwork rules, but I'm going to focus on teaching instead. I'm actually pretty decent at the paperwork, however, I'm sure no parent ever thought, I hope my kid's case manager remembers to enter her meeting notes on the record of team meeting form instead of writing them on the agenda. I'm sure what they're hoping is, I hope my kid's case manager likes my kid and fights for them.

I think I will spend some of this quiet evening reading some more of Lessons in Chemistry.

diane S.
on 10/10/23 2:56 pm

Seriously? nit pic rules about how to do paperwork? Not worth your energy. ds

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Peps
on 10/10/23 4:58 pm

You have no idea the paper work involved for SPED students. Even simply trying to get a child help comes with multiple forms to be filled and completed on specific timelines. Gone are the days of, "Oh, ****! This kid needs help!!! and the special ed teachers swoop in and add the kid to their testing line up and start service even prior to testing".... I miss those days of getting kids the help they needed in a timely manner.

DiamondD
on 10/10/23 5:17 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Sadly, this. If we see a need, we should meet it. Now, if a need appears, but it was not "identified" in the evaluation report (which could be 3 years old, or from another district etc) we're really not supposed to be providing that service. Ugh. Kids CHANGE before your eyes. I'm working with 9th graders whose last evaluation report was 6th or 7th grade. Are there new needs? Yes!!! But now I have to spend hours and hours doing paperwork, having meetings etc when a quick phone call to a parent and have them sign one piece of paper agreeing to new service would suffice. Ugh again.

diane S.
on 10/10/23 5:40 pm

Remember Elina on the vsg group? Her whole job was consulting with parents of special needs kids and dealing with schools to get needs met. I think she was both a teacher and psychologist. But she worked with wealthier people. You teachers are there for the not so wealthy. Ds

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/11/23 1:12 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

At the end of the day no one is ever praised for a lifetime of paperwork but influencing a child's life is so important.