VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wed., October 11, 2...

Wed., October 11, 2023

Peps
on 10/11/23 12:50 pm

Uh oh!!!!!

It's 12:50 PM Pacific Time and I'm the first to post. I don't have much time, only logged on to read. Will edit to add more later.

Hope all is well with the east coasters!

CC C.
on 10/11/23 12:55 pm, edited 10/11/23 6:16 am

Nothing like putting off facing wedding clothes shopping until the last minute! I finally tried on the blouses from Nordstrom I thought would look nice with a black skirt and they were hideous. I've had to go back to plus sized tops because of my arms and broadness of my back. Argh. I remember now why I hated them so much. Why are the necklines as wide as an ocean?! I think the model standard has an enormous chest, so they go with a huge neck opening and a ton of fabric on the front. Also never a collar or higher back, which I prefer, otherwise I look like I have a hump. What a terrible experience clothing shopping is. Just ordered a bunch of very expensive dresses from Bloomingdale's 2-day shipping hoping for better luck. Blech.

I have gotten myself out and walked several times over the last two days. Yay!

The landscapers started the artificial grass area I'm having put in for the puppy. Just realized it's also going to need lighting as it's pitch black out there.

Tonight I am going to happy hour at my real estate agent/friend's house. Some nice people will be there so should be fun.

Take care everybody. Liz, let us know how Justice is fairing!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/11/23 1:27 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I think woman's clothing that is geared toward older ladies (like me) as well as larger sizes are often incredibly unflattering. Not easy to find something that works.

DiamondD
on 10/11/23 3:22 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Yikes, when Nordstrom doesn't have what you need! I feel like finding dressier clothes has become even harder since the Pandemic. Hope one of the dresses from Bloomingdales works out.

CC C.
on 10/11/23 4:57 pm

You're so right about post-pandemic clothes. Very little is dressy!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/11/23 1:36 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Late post for me but I got a lot done today.

On the important news, Justice is back in fine form! Yesterday he took the full 3.5 mile walk but was still a bit more lethargic than usual upon return and slept more than usual. But at 4 pm he sprang up, did some twirls looking for food and he devoured his dinner at 5. Today he is 100%.

And the purchase and sale agreement for the other house here is in the email to be signed. I can't believe our friends from Cape Cod are buying it! I do think they will enjoy it here and fit in well.

Today I finished painting the repurposed hope chest and made decorative handles for it out of shells. I think it is going to look much better than I had expected. DH is going to send a picture to ex-wife when it is done LOL. Afterwards I did some shopping for decorative items for the mantle and card/birthday gift shopping for family up north. All and all a productive day. I am even cooking tonight (WW bolognese recipe I have made many times).

Have a winning Wednesday!

DiamondD
on 10/11/23 3:18 pm, edited 10/11/23 8:18 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good news on many fronts! Yeah Justice, and congratulations on selling DHs house. Now you can really settle into your home.

PS, you should share A picture of the trunk with us too!

DiamondD
on 10/11/23 3:29 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Woke up not feeling well this morning, but it was easier to go to work then call in sick. I did do a Covid test, just in case, because several people at work have had it recently. It was negative.

Right now I'm snuggling under my blankets. DH asked me if a grilled cheese sandwich sounded good, and indeed it did. He just delivered it to me here in bed. What a guy. Not worrying about calories today.

So no plans tonight, except to stay under these covers. Hopefully rest, and an early night will chase away these body aches, chills and tender throat. I don't really want to miss tomorrow either ...

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/11/23 4:20 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope you feel better soon! I'm sure being around kids at work brings all the various bugs around.

diane S.
on 10/11/23 3:53 pm

Greetings all

Cloudy here and kind of cold. I am wearing layers today. I went to the studio for awhile and made some new stuff. Place is busy. I need to do the stock certificate for our new board member/shareholder who is one of our employees interested in the future of the place. There is a dinner tomorrow for the outgoing board member. Would I be bad if I ditched? Not interested in going. Maybe DH will be conveniently sick.

CC clothes shopping is my least favorite activity! I think I would rather go to the dentist. Hope the dresses you ordered work out. And yay for puppy yard. Good idea. Sounds like you have some fun events tonight.

DD sorry you feel crappy. Soak up all the TLC you can get. Grilled cheese sounds good.

Liz glad Justice is feeling better. Sick puppy is no fun. And good deal on the house.

I have some more chicken to cook tonight but I forgot to get any fresh veggies. So it's time to cruise the freezer. Maybe I will cook it in the Japanese bar b qua sauce that came in a large bottle.

Not much else. I need to glue some of my wine stoppers to take to the gallery. Maybe I will do it on the deck since the epoxy stinks so much.

cheers all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/