VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, October 15,...

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/15/23 6:10 am, edited 10/15/23 9:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It's beautiful out! The humidity hasn't completely dropped but the temperature is lower and the humidity is much more bearable.

The discussion yesterday about feeling full after VSG was thought-provoking. I couldn't understand the people who said they were never hungry. I know my hunger is frequently "head-hunger", but I truly can't tell the difference much of the time. I did get used to the new feeling of full after a while. What I didn't get rid of was the cravings though they are much less than they used to be. And thankfully if I indulge them I will get full way before I used to.

We originally thought we might go to the movies today but the weather seems so nice I think we will go to the beach. The other day wasn't very satisfying because we had to stick by the pool under umbrellas to avoid the biting noseums and the extreme heat.

Have a sunny Sunday!

CC C.
on 10/15/23 7:30 am

One of my wireless smoke alarms connected to my house alarm with a battery that is supposed to last 5 years, made it 8 months until it started beeping at 4:11am. Every 47 seconds. And since the a/v people put it in, the alarm people can't help me figure out how to change it. As an expert googler I found a picture of what I have on a security system installer website and looked up the manufacturer. Of course it doesn't take 9v batteries or any battery I have. It takes two CR123A batteries. And there are no all night stores in Sedona. So I had to wait for Safeway to open at 6. But I still can't get the damn thing off the ceiling to replace the batteries!!! So still in beep hell with it letting me know it's low every 47 seconds. Since 4:11am.

I looked up why these things always seem to go off in the early morning hours. Apparently, when the temp is at its coldest, a low battery is most likely to have its charge go below the low battery threshold. So I'm not nuts that this only happens between 2 and 4am.

I emailed my contact at the a/v company, but I have no idea when he'll see it. Once it's a more reasonable hour on a Sunday morning, I will call if I don't hear from him. I hate unnecessarily complicated stuff!!! Thank goodness I don't currently have a dog as Fergus was incredibly upset by smoke alarm beeping. He would be beside himself with 3 hours and counting of it.

Once this gets fixed, I'm going to nap for several hours...

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/15/23 9:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

OMG - your nerves must be shot! I hope you can get someone to deal with it soon.

Peps
on 10/15/23 9:20 am

CC, so sorry about the beeping! I absolutely hate that, too!

DD, glad to know I'm not the only "groomer" around! LOL!

Liz, glad the weather is better today. BTW, how do you wax a painted surface on furniture? I've waxed wood and leather before, but never a painted surface. Does it adhere to the paint?????

Another interesting thing came up for me this week. I think it may be akin to CC's wedding outfit dissatisfaction. I wore a shirt this week (a long sleeved polo shirt) that became increasingly uncomfortable during the day. The longer it was on the more uncomfortable in my skin I became. I started to feel warm, and it felt clingy. I went to that place where of body shaming. It's because I'm too fat, etc.... Never once blamed it on the shirt. Yet, when I got home I took the shirt off and looked at the label. It was indeed a 60/40 cotton poly blend. I can't wear poly blends. They don't breath well enough for me and they tend to feel clingy, which I do not like. The shirt is going bye bye, but I still think it was interesting that I went to fat shaming first, rather than thinking about the shirt being the real problem.

Weight is slowly coming off from the trip. Thank goodness. But I have a ways to go to get back to my recent lows.

Busy day today. But it is a perfect Indian Summer day. Cool and crisp this morning, gorgeous blue skies, and upper 70s projected for the afternoon.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/15/23 9:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yeah, polyester in shirts and sheets can eliminate airflow and comfort.

I used chalk paint with wax especially made to go over it. It helps harden it and can be buffed to get a slight sheen (chalk paint is totally matte).

CC C.
on 10/15/23 11:32 am

All fixed! Nap time!

diane S.
on 10/15/23 5:55 pm

Greetings all

OOPs missed yesterday. Studio buddy came over to watch football and such and that gets me off my timeline for activities. Amazing how we are creatures of habit.

Gosh CC how annoying with the beeping! Hate stuff like that. Our smoke detector used to go off in the night due to ants!! And yeah being in a town that is not a big city has some limits. We cant get certain batteries here either. Why does someone not invent an app called "shut up my smoke detector" that would turn it off.

Gallery duty today. We actually had quite a few visitors and sales. There was enough to do to keep it from being boring.

Peps I am with you. I can't do polyester either. It makes me warm and itchy. I can do only about 20%. What drives me nuts is ordering on line and having to search for the fabric content. Same thing shopping in a store looking for that little tag in an inconvenient place to learn the content. Whoever invented polyester is evil.

Good stuff from yesterday on the hunger and emotional aspects of eating. Years ago I had a friend who once referred to me as her "eating buddy". She was a person of normal weight who occasionally wanted to pig out. I had other friends who were eating buddies. There is indeed a complex web of co dependancies or enablers or food pushers or whatever. Living with another such person is also an issue. DH started bringing home chips and such a couple of years after his vsg. At first I was appalled because I was obsessively on the "program" but eventually I started nibbling. No answers here. But I do remind myself that it's ok to throw some good food in the trash and not eat it.

I went for a couple of years after VSG not being hungry at all and it was several more years before it got to be an issue. The lack of ghrelin worked well for me. Wish I could do that again without a $1500 per month shot. Some days I wish I could eat a whole prime rib dinner with all the trimmings. That was my only pre vsg food funeral. But overall I am glad I did the vsg as I would probably weigh a lot more and have more heath issues.

We watched all of the "Kaliedescope" netflix series. It was good. Got better with each episode.

Eye doctor tomorrow to see why I have a sort of black eye. I just want to make sure there is no infection. Most likely I rubbed my eye a bit to vigorously and did it to myself.

DD so cool that you have old friends to reestablish. No substitute for those present in the early years. It's why I value my little brother. He gets it.

Cheers all. DD red wine is health food. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 10/15/23 8:20 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

The baby shower was lovely. I must say though, there seems to be so much more pressure that things have to be Instagram worthy. The theme was Mad Hatter Tea Party, very charming.

I didn't get much done this weekend, but it's a short week. Except for tomorrow, conferences, ugh. Not nice to say, but I dread them. No matter how nice the parents are. They're 7 minutes, and I hate the stress of trying to keep people moving because there is another parent who is scheduled for the next spot. And then there are the times when the parents are the opposite of nice. After fall conferences, I will only have to do it 3 more times!!!

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday night's sleep and hits the ground running on Monday.

Peps
on 10/15/23 8:57 pm

How in the hell do you manage a 7 minute conference? Ours used to be 30 minutes, but I shortened them to 20 and a lot of people followed my lead. The district doesn't give us enough time to do 30 minute conferences, but 20 minutes fit into the allotted time given during conference week. But, then again, what care I? I don't do them anymore!