VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, November 6,...

Monday, November 6, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/6/23 4:18 am, edited 11/6/23 4:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is almost chilly outside this morning as it dipped down below 60 last night. The much lower humidity makes a big difference. The time change is wreaking havoc with my sleep as I expected it would. Though we stayed up later on Saturday night and were able to sleep until light on Sunday, I fell asleep earlier than planned last night and woke up at 3:30 or so this morning. I was unable to fall back to sleep so I have been up reading since 5. I did finish the book for my Wednesday book club: Code Name Helene. Excellent historical fiction about a miraculous woman, Nancy Wake. I may follow up by reading her autobiography.

Today DH has a doctor appointment and we are getting Flu/COVID vaccines. I wonder if we are still keeping track on a card of the latter? I will have to find mine.

Not much else going on. Hopefully DH will be ready to try boating tomorrow now that the wind is subsiding as is his soreness.

Have a mild Monday!

DiamondD
on 11/6/23 2:01 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Yes, the time change really disrupts sleep. Not a fan. Also not a fan of it being dark here by 5pm.

Well despite there being no students today (or tomorrow) there was a little bit of insanity. I posted a pic on TT. 1 of our 2 social workers resigned. A teacher put in their notice for December 31. They are switching careers to banking. They must really, really plan on not teaching again, because leaving your contract mid year can impact your license. But God Speed. Our department chairs met with the top sped administrator, and he was surprised to hear that staff morale was low. He wanted specific examples of why. How disconnected can you be?

I am home now, and will put away thoughts of work as best I can. I have several unread papers waiting for me, one being my favorite, the Sunday Paper.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/6/23 2:25 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sounds like a complete idiot - reminds me of some ineffective leaders I met over the years.

diane S.
on 11/6/23 3:50 pm

Greetings all

It poured rain this morning but the sky has now brightened. Welcome to north coast winter. Rain or not rain.

We got our geezer dose flu shots today at the new pharmacy. It's such a great place. If only they had my coffee. Life would be complete.

Stopped at the studio for awhile and made a few things. The place was very busy as it often is when the weather is poor. Everyone decides to go inside and make pottery. Then I made a store trip for a few odds and ends and ended up with more than I needed. I needed some ground meat to cook for the dogs. They each get a spoonful on their kibble - throwback to days of old Chip. Anyway yesterday I was out and searched the freezer for some hamburger. I found some rather ancient mystery meat so I cooked it. When cooked it became recognizable. It was fillet mignon! I had purchased a tenderloin some years back and cut it up. So thats what the dogs had for dinner while we had pizza/burritos.

Hope you can boat tomorrow Liz but I know you won't let Mike over do it. Book sounds good.

And yeah DD, administration can be clueless. They should have to spend a day a month in a classroom. The art on TT was kind of cool. But not part of curriculum I suppose. Admin should spend more time on keeping good teachers rather than whatever it is that they do.

Not much else. I spent the morning assembling financial stuff to meet with accountant on retirement distributions. I wish banks and such would agree on how to contract statements so you don't need a different skill set for each one.

Hmmm, sunny to the west over the ocean. Good sign. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 11/6/23 8:02 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I was so surprised by the artwork in my room, because how on earth were they watching a movie if they were working on the whiteboard and, why did the sub leave it for me to clean up. I agree, there is some creativity to be tapped. I have another white board I don't use, so I think I'll use it as a graffiti board. When you finish the assignment, you can add to the board :) Win win.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/7/23 4:41 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That's a cool idea! I hope administration doesn't decide that it isn't to be allowed...

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/7/23 4:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Does anyone ever go to the store and just get what is on the list? LOL on the dogs getting filet mignon for dinner - lucky them.